• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,668 posts
  • LocationSalem SC

Posted 20 September 2015 - 04:20 PM

We hail thee, Carolina, and sing thy high praise

With loyal devotion, remembering the days

When proudly we sought thee, thy children to be:

Here's a health, Carolina, forever to thee!

Since pilgrims of learning, we entered thy walls

And found dearest comrades in thy classic halls

We've honored and loved thee as sons faithfully;

Generations of sons have rejoiced to proclaim

Thy watchword of service, thy beauty and fame;

For ages to come shall their rallying cry be:

Fair shrine of high honor and truth, thou shalt still

Blaze forth as a beacon, thy mission fulfill,

And crowned by all hearts in a new jubilee:

I think some need to revisit our alma mater song. And truly understand what it means to be a gamecock. i have spent the past 24 hours watching and listening to supposed Gamecock fans rail on players, coaches and even the AD. We are supposed to have each others back not throw people under the damn bus. yet there is a lot of that going around and personally i am sick of it. We new going into this year we had a lot of new faces playing for us. We new we had a new DC (Co DC) calling the shots and trying to implement his defensive scheme and we also knew we had a brand new QB who has thrown 6 total passes in games playing and throwing the ball to WRs/TEs who have never taken a damn snap in a college game and yet we all act like they should be playing like fine tuned machine. Sorry it doesn't happen overnight and it certainly doesn't happen in 3 months time either. It hard enough for experienced players to transition to a new defensive scheme but to expect players who have been on campus 2 months to do so is asking for miracles.    Instead of supporting the players and trying to give them encouragement to carry on and play hard we throw them off the top of the stadium and let them free fall to the ground. Sorry I refuse to do that. i see promise in the players i see talent. it is green and inexperienced but those 85 players that suit up for Carolina are my brothers. They are my fellow Gamecocks and i will not, not now and definitely not ever say one ill remark about any of them. they chose to come to my school to play hard for my program and i'll be damned if i am going to let them down and not do my part in supporting them. Thru thick or thin i am a Gamecock and a damn proud one!!!   Question is are you?

Edited by RickMiller, 20 September 2015 - 04:31 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users