3 replies to this topic

#1 Doug Jolley

Doug Jolley

Publisher

• Administrators
  • 9,137 posts
  • LocationColumbia SC

Posted 08 October 2017 - 11:54 PM

One of the most somber days of Larry Fedora’s six-year head coaching tenure at North Carolina ended the way any other home game ends, with him and his players lining up in the end zone closest to the student section, the band playing the alma mater.

It was an especially bleak scene on a bleak day, one that months ago UNC embraced with anticipation. The date and what it entailed always looked promising: Notre Dame in early October; a chance for the Tar Heels to showcase themselves and everything they hope a fall Saturday at Kenan Stadium can be.

And yet, what a dreadful day it was – overcast, dark and rainy, the stadium emptied long before the Tar Heels’ 33-10 defeat reached its merciful conclusion. By the time the players and coaches lined up for the alma mater, the student section had long cleared out.

It was a strange scene, the band playing its music, the players rocking slowly side to side while they faced rows upon rows of empty bleachers, a small group of students lining the very first row. UNC’s players and coaches might have outnumbered those remaining spectators in front of them.

Read more here: http://www.newsobser...l#storylink=cpy

http://www.newsobser...e177698531.html

#2 jaxbeachcock

jaxbeachcock

SPUR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts
  • LocationJacksonville Beach, FL

Posted 09 October 2017 - 12:18 AM

Couldn't happen to a better crowd. Unfortunately we have been there. I just pray that we never go back there The first 2 years under Lou were tough. You couldn't give away your tickets and nobody wanted to go to the game. We had nine season tickets for the family and most times it was just me and Dad. At least there wasn't any lines to go to the bathroom or get a hot-dog, lol.

Go Gamecocks!!!

#3 12th Mann

12th Mann

Gamecock nurse nancy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,528 posts
  • LocationUpstate

Posted 09 October 2017 - 07:20 PM

Couldn't happen to a better crowd. Unfortunately we have been there. I just pray that we never go back there The first 2 years under Lou were tough. You couldn't give away your tickets and nobody wanted to go to the game. We had nine season tickets for the family and most times it was just me and Dad. At least there wasn't any lines to go to the bathroom or get a hot-dog, lol.

Go Gamecocks!!!

They lost their committed QB to Oregon.

#4 CockEngineer

CockEngineer

Illuminati

• Moderators
  • 5,197 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

Posted 10 October 2017 - 10:37 AM

We've never been where the Holes are regarding fan support.  Even in Lou's first year the stands were generally full.

Edited by CockEngineer, 10 October 2017 - 10:37 AM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users