Doug Jolley

Publisher

• Administrators
  • 9,351 posts
  • LocationColumbia SC

Posted 06 December 2017 - 07:17 PM

People in glass houses...

————-//————————-/———-

Add NCAA President Mark Emmert to the list of outside observers who have been critical of Tennessee's meandering, messy search for a new football coach.

Emmert ripped the Vols on Wednesday, according to multiple reports, for their leaders not being "in alignment" throughout their search to replace former coach Butch Jones, which turned chaotic when Tennessee backed away from a signed agreement to hire Ohio State defensive coordinator Greg Schiano on Nov. 26 amid public backlash.

Former athletic director John Currie was placed on leave with pay on Friday, after the Vols were turned down by multiple candidates for the job, and Phillip Fulmer was hired as athletic director and appointed to take over the search.

"When you don't have the board, President and AD in alignment about why you play football, what your goals are, and how you're going to make personnel decisions... then you get what happened at UT," Emmert said, according to a tweet by Forbes' Jason Belzer.

#2 CockEngineer

CockEngineer

Illuminati

• Moderators
  • 5,380 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

Posted 06 December 2017 - 07:25 PM

The ​problem with UT is some of the boosters seem to be running the show - at least from what I've read.

Posted Image

#3 12th Mann

12th Mann

Gamecock nurse nancy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,657 posts
  • LocationUpstate

Posted 06 December 2017 - 07:35 PM

Apparently Manning and Fulmer can’t agree about anything. There are far too political. They need somebody else to be in charge. Perhaps they need an AD whose background is not an alum.

#4 Taragirl87x

Taragirl87x

Lady Gamecock

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,801 posts
  • Location8 miles from Clemson in a town called Seneca so feel my pain lol

Posted 06 December 2017 - 07:41 PM

Its not that they have been messy, its no one wants to coach in that dump.

#5 brat

brat

Professor of Gamecockology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,355 posts
  • LocationLexington, SC

Posted 06 December 2017 - 09:02 PM

You're right, Doug.

If I was the UT President, I would call a press conference and make sure everyone was there, all the networks, ESPN, etc., cameras and all. Then I would go to the podium and read this brief statement: "When the NCAA becomes competent enough to severely punish a school that everyone knows blatantly and disgracefully cheated to unprecedented proportions for at least 25 years, then Mark Emmert, who once commented his dream job would be President of that very school, and anyone else associated with them may have the credibility and honesty, to criticize other organizations or people. Until then, they can shut the hell up and count their precious basketball tournament money or whatever else they do during the course of each year. Our university is not in the habit of listening to craven cowards and hypocrites. I urge all other schools to meet at the earliest opportunity possible with the expressed purpose of closing down the NCAA and starting over with a newly formed group which can govern with an even hand."

Then I would walk away, end of the conference.

Edited by brat, 06 December 2017 - 09:10 PM.

"When I was young I looked like Al Capone, but I lacked his compassion." - Oscar Levant

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users