3 replies to this topic

#1 Doug Jolley

Doug Jolley

Publisher

• Administrators
  • 9,351 posts
  • LocationColumbia SC

Posted 07 December 2017 - 12:34 AM

The N.F.L. on Wednesday extended the contract of Commissioner Roger Goodell for another five years, ending an unusually rancorous monthslong standoff with Jerry Jones, the Dallas Cowboys’ owner, who wanted to derail the deal.

A committee of owners negotiating Goodell’s compensation signed off on a contract worth roughly $200 million over five years, which is in line with his current deal.

https://nyti.ms/2AV5s1z

#2 SteelGamecock

SteelGamecock

Steve Spurrier's Caddy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,031 posts
  • LocationWalking with the Ball Coach

Posted 07 December 2017 - 01:28 AM

Quite possibly.  I'm certainly not interested in their product.

“Fortunately I always keep a spare in my locker.”

#3 jaxbeachcock

jaxbeachcock

SPUR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts
  • LocationJacksonville Beach, FL

Posted 07 December 2017 - 02:04 AM

Not sure if it's the product or my age, maybe a little of both but I sure don't watch the NFL like I use to. And at least you know where you stand with Jerry Jones, I admire people like that.

Go Gamecocks!!!

#4 SouthernGamecock

SouthernGamecock

Somewhere In Time

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,246 posts
  • LocationYork County, SC

Posted 07 December 2017 - 02:41 PM

A local radio show on my morning commute was talking about how viewer strain appears to be affecting NFL fans, due to NFL games now being played 5 days a week, with Saturday games now on tap since college ball is over.  They highlighted Thursday night games to point out that players don't like them, nor do viewers.  Thursday night games were once exclusive to college football.  The ratings for NFL Thursday night games have declined due to what they called viewer strain with too many games spread out throughout the week. 

Fortunately I don't have to worry about suffering from this strain, since I no longer watch NFL, excluding some limited postseason play.

"Mon Denson from 24 yards out, Touchdown Carolina!, Touchdown Mon Denson!....It's his first Touchdown as a Gamecock!"  - Todd Ellis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users