#1 Cockyprince

Cockyprince

Ray Tanner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,537 posts
  • Locationsomewhere in the low country

Posted 08 March 2018 - 02:07 PM

We won by 1 point after having several larger leads. Frank Booker and Silva starred as usual.

Now we play Arky  (6 seed) tonight at 9PM late game.

I wanta give these men a decent burial. Forget it. Buzzards gotta eat,same as worms.

#2 SouthernGamecock

SouthernGamecock

Somewhere In Time

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,477 posts
  • LocationYork County, SC

Posted 08 March 2018 - 03:43 PM

Minaya also had a superb night and got within 1 of breaking his all time of 17.  This kid has the potential to be very good in the coming seasons.  I Love his aggressiveness and smooth shooting, especially for a true freshman.  Kotsar also had a decent game with 14 points and Myers chipped in 10.

The 1 weak link, as has been the case most of the season, was Hassani Gravett.  It seemed like every time I turned around he was losing the ball.  For the game he shot 1-3 from the floor and 1-4 from the charity stripe for a grand total of 3 points in 27 minutes of play.  His offensive production this late in the season should be better, considering the minutes he plays.  Hopefully, and I suspect as much, he won't be 1 of our starting guards next season.  He wouldn't likely be starting anywhere else in the SEC.

Hopefully we can upset Arky and keep the mo' going.  We'll likely need a great game offensively again from Booker, Silva, Kotsar and Minaya, and a much better defensive effort overall if we hope to knock Arky off.

"Compound interest is the eighth wonder of the world.  He who understands it, earns it ... he who doesn't ... pays it” - Albert Einstein

#3 BadCock

BadCock

Staff (Aynor Branch)

• Moderators
  • 2,457 posts
  • LocationAynor

Posted 08 March 2018 - 04:22 PM

Yeah it will be a lot tougher tonight

#4 fanalways

fanalways

Senior Gamecock

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,537 posts

Posted 08 March 2018 - 05:09 PM

:dancincocky: Great win!!!

"Winning isn't a sometime thing; it is an all the time thing. You don't win once in a while; you don't do the right thing once in a while; you do them right all the time. Winning is a habit. Unfortunately, so is losing". `Vince Lombardi (Hall of Fame Coach)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users