https://www.dawgnati...firing-mark-fox

#2 BadCock

BadCock

Staff (Aynor Branch)

• Moderators
  • 2,609 posts
  • LocationAynor

Posted 11 March 2018 - 02:09 AM

Rick Pitino’s name is already being thrown around.

#3 12th Mann

12th Mann

Gamecock nurse nancy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,284 posts
  • LocationUpstate

Posted 11 March 2018 - 02:25 AM

I’m hearing Crean. Mark Fox is a good man but he did not win enough for the dawgs. With our conference surging, I expect their fans will demand Bruce Pearl!

#4 GACock

GACock

Baseball Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,938 posts
  • LocationBehind the right field palmetto at Carolina Stadium

Posted 11 March 2018 - 04:59 PM

Its funny. Their fanbase is a reactionary lot.

We take two National Championships in baseball plus a third visit as national runner up. Name Holbrook as H.C. and in 2013, UGa fires Perno. That firing was all about their reflection of the 1990 run they made in baseball and our successes in Omaha (which has passed them by for +20 years).

In 2016, They catch wind that we are about to hire Kirby Smart. So they fire Mark Richt to get Kirby… after a period of time that we became competitive with them... in the sport they hold in highest regard. I believe we give them cause for concern as the rivalry between Smart and Muschamp develops. 

Now, they can Fox. The year after our final Four run and the year that they set his bar to an appearance in a post season NCAA Tourney run. The game that took them out of the running was their game with us at the CLA. I jokingly tell my Jawja friends that things will be better… Memphis is about to give Tubby a pink slip and he can be back in Athens in no time flat. That is, if they aren't still a little butt-hurt from the way he left them for Kentucky (major dig to them).

Totally reactionary. Kind've fun being the program that produces reactionary responses from a fan base that takes itself sooo seriously.

Go Gamecocks!!!

gacock

Edited by GACock, 11 March 2018 - 05:01 PM.

#5 brat

brat

Professor of Gamecockology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,605 posts
  • LocationLexington, SC

Posted 11 March 2018 - 10:36 PM

The Prison Colony folks have a serious sense of inferiority with which they must continue to struggle.

"When I was young I looked like Al Capone, but I lacked his compassion." - Oscar Levant

#6 SteelGamecock

SteelGamecock

Steve Spurrier's Caddy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,529 posts
  • LocationWalking with the Ball Coach

Posted 14 March 2018 - 12:14 AM

"Prison Colony folks"

ROTFL

“Fortunately I always keep a spare in my locker.”

#7 Kiwicock

Kiwicock

Ray Tanner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,708 posts
  • LocationAiken

Posted 14 March 2018 - 02:48 AM

I thought Brat was talking about Australians for a second😛
We Kiwi’s like to remind them of their unlawful and unruly beginnings as a penal colony👍

Edited by Kiwicock, 14 March 2018 - 02:49 AM.

#8 BadCock

BadCock

Staff (Aynor Branch)

• Moderators
  • 2,609 posts
  • LocationAynor

Posted 14 March 2018 - 04:38 PM

Matta has turned them down

#9 Cockyprince

Cockyprince

Ray Tanner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,666 posts
  • Locationsomewhere in the low country

Posted 14 March 2018 - 07:20 PM

Modern historians have been trying to write down the impact that debtors released from prison to come to Georgia as indentured servants in the colony had on Georgia's development. Every twenty years or so another Georgian historian  writes them out of existence a little further and now they have them down to a very minimum number with little or no impact. I can trace my ancestors to Ebeneezer on the Savannah River in Effingham County and I know they took debtors from prison by paying their debts and bringing them here as indentured servants, even  took German refugees from religious persecution and sent them over as indentured servants which is the origin of my ancestor's American dream. When I was at Carolina I wrote a paper on the History of Georgia, me being born in Valdosta, Lowndes County, Georgia. I know that at the time the prisoners released to colonize Georgia made a big impact. It was said that General Oglethorpe only had one group of settlers that he let govern themselves with no British military presence and that was the Salzburger Germans at Ebeneezer because they did not allow alcohol, had no lawyers with them and were a religious people.

The bitter truth that Georgians can't stand is that the city of Charleston predated any action to settle Georgia by nearly a century and a very civilized and sophisticated society had developed in Charleston but was hampered by attacks by the Spaniards who settled in Florida. Therefore, the British decided to settle Georgia as a buffer for Charleston to prevent attacks by the Spanish Floridians. Georgia was mainly a military outpost in the beginning consisting of a series of forts along the coast and slightly inland.

So yes Georgia was a colony with a significant number its founders being former prisoners, German religious refugees and Scotch & Irish paupers fleeing the poverty of a potato famine in Ireland. Many had to serve the English gentry for five years or so before being given 50 acres and a few tools, meanwhile South Carolina was far more developed and prosperous. Dr. Babcock gave me a C on my paper.

Edited by Cockyprince, 14 March 2018 - 07:25 PM.

I wanta give these men a decent burial. Forget it. Buzzards gotta eat,same as worms.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users