#2 brat

brat

Professor of Gamecockology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,562 posts
  • LocationLexington, SC

Posted 12 May 2018 - 10:17 PM

Simple. Everyone today seems to think the world owes them something, if not everything.

They got it bass ackward. We are owed nothing, except simple decency and kindness to our fellow man. No one is more special than the next, until they do something stupid that goes against allowing such treatment.

"When I was young I looked like Al Capone, but I lacked his compassion." - Oscar Levant

#3 Doug Jolley

Doug Jolley

Publisher

• Administrators
  • 10,038 posts
  • LocationColumbia SC

Posted 12 May 2018 - 10:20 PM

I can’t help myself. I like the Brat.

Of course, the reason being is that the true test of another man's intelligence is how much he agrees with you.

#4 jaxbeachcock

jaxbeachcock

Ray Tanner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,150 posts
  • LocationJacksonville Beach, FL

Posted 13 May 2018 - 12:33 AM

The writer acts like we started being patriotic after 911, excuse me but there are a lot of us who were patriotic a long time before 911 ever happened. As a veteran I don't think showing respect to our country is a bad thing. Some athletes get it, some don't.  My 2 cents, lol.

Go gamecocks!!!

#5 williewonk

williewonk

Ray Tanner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts
  • LocationDeltona, FL

Posted 13 May 2018 - 01:02 AM

This article is mostly liberal BS..My experience in the military was that by a very large margin American service members are conservatives. And the military has always advertised...they need good people...

#6 Cockyprince

Cockyprince

Ray Tanner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,583 posts
  • Locationsomewhere in the low country

Posted 13 May 2018 - 08:40 AM

Over​ 50 years ago I voluntarily  took the following oath as did my brother and my daddy who volunteered before me. As far back as I can verify my ancestors have voluntarily served in the military and any body who thinks patriotism is fad is FOS and a POS. To include Watergate in the list of engagements fostering patriotism is BS.  My favorite Uncle gave his life through multiple terms of services in a combat zone. The first of my maternal ancestors was a legal immigrant who came from Germany to escape religious persecution and served a time of indentured service to the colony of Georgia, followed by volunteer service in the Continental Army. As a veteran my oath never expires.

"I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God." _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God." allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God." _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God."  , _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God." _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God." _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God."

I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God." __, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God." and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God." , _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God." _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God."

Edited by Cockyprince, 13 May 2018 - 09:00 AM.

I wanta give these men a decent burial. Forget it. Buzzards gotta eat,same as worms.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users