#2 12th Mann

12th Mann

Gamecock nurse nancy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,950 posts
  • LocationUpstate

Posted 14 May 2018 - 09:38 PM

Our guys are 5th in the country in fielding. There is nothing l like more than throwing someone out or getting a double play. We are so much better than the past few seasons.

#3 fanalways

fanalways

Senior Gamecock

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,287 posts

Posted 15 May 2018 - 12:12 AM

:) Great news!!!

"Winning isn't a sometime thing; it is an all the time thing. You don't win once in a while; you don't do the right thing once in a while; you do them right all the time. Winning is a habit. Unfortunately, so is losing". `Vince Lombardi (Hall of Fame Coach)

#4 GACock

GACock

Baseball Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,865 posts
  • LocationBehind the right field palmetto at Carolina Stadium

Posted 15 May 2018 - 01:50 AM

I hope tomorrow's game gets rained out. I want our guys to be thinking about their match-up with aTm over the next 48 hours. No time for a make-up game if it is rained out as all SEC teams will start play on Thursday, which will have everyone home by Sunday. First pitch of the SEC Tourney in Hoover is tossed next Monday (5/21).

I want to take 2 of 3 from the faggies. I want to be in the running for a first day bye and believe it or not, we have a shot at one. But we have to take care of business in College Station, Texas starting this Thursday. I like the thought of our team having their first game on Tuesday, but it isn't a given and aTm returned from Fayetteville Arkansas losing three straight to the 'Backs.

We need tomorrow to look at the scouting reports and spend some quality time with Hack Attack Jack and Mack, the pitching machines. Yes, that is their names, per the team.

Go Gamecocks!!!

gacok

#5 SteelGamecock

SteelGamecock

Steve Spurrier's Caddy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,242 posts
  • LocationWalking with the Ball Coach

Posted 15 May 2018 - 11:24 PM

I hope tomorrow's game gets rained out. I want our guys to be thinking about their match-up with aTm over the next 48 hours. No time for a make-up game if it is rained out as all SEC teams will start play on Thursday, which will have everyone home by Sunday. First pitch of the SEC Tourney in Hoover is tossed next Monday (5/21).

I want to take 2 of 3 from the faggies. I want to be in the running for a first day bye and believe it or not, we have a shot at one. But we have to take care of business in College Station, Texas starting this Thursday. I like the thought of our team having their first game on Tuesday, but it isn't a given and aTm returned from Fayetteville Arkansas losing three straight to the 'Backs.

We need tomorrow to look at the scouting reports and spend some quality time with Hack Attack Jack and Mack, the pitching machines. Yes, that is their names, per the team.

Go Gamecocks!!!

gacok

You got the rain out.  I hope you get the remainder of your wish.

“Fortunately I always keep a spare in my locker.”

#6 jaxbeachcock

jaxbeachcock

Ray Tanner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,046 posts
  • LocationJacksonville Beach, FL

Posted 16 May 2018 - 12:43 AM

Did they ever find a lucky fish ? Or bat ? Or whatever ? Maybe I can send them on of my old gloves from the 50's that they can rub when they need some mojo!! Believing is a very strong anecdote to whatever ails you.   

Go Gamecocks!!

#7 12th Mann

12th Mann

Gamecock nurse nancy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,950 posts
  • LocationUpstate

Posted 16 May 2018 - 03:14 PM

Did they ever find a lucky fish ? Or bat ? Or whatever ? Maybe I can send them on of my old gloves from the 50's that they can rub when they need some mojo!! Believing is a very strong anecdote to whatever ails you.   

Go Gamecocks!!

It’s the pitching machine. They took it with them on the last series. I hope it’s headed to College Station!

#8 GACock

GACock

Baseball Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,865 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 03:15 PM

Nope, just Jack and Mack. That goldfish can't teach them how to hit and the bat assumes that you know how to use it. But Jack and Mack are the mascots we needed the most this year. Thank goodness for that!

Go Gamecocks!!!

gacock

#9 RoboRooster

RoboRooster

Garnet Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,080 posts
  • LocationFlorence, SC

Posted 16 May 2018 - 04:24 PM

You got the rain out.  I hope you get the remainder of your wish.

WE didn't need another mid week loss.

#10 GACock

GACock

Baseball Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,865 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 01:46 AM

Even a win against Upstate would've dropped our RPI, theirs was so low. So it was a good thing.

That College Station crowd is big and raucous. Always yelling. Like playing in front of 100 softball teams, all yelling simultaneously. The crowd at last night's game was about 1,500 which is pretty big for a Tuesday night game in College Station. I would expect them to show up big for this weekend... I hope they leave the park a very disappointed lot.

Go Gamecocks!!!

gacock

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users