2 replies to this topic

#1 Doug Jolley

Doug Jolley

Publisher

• Administrators
  • 9,693 posts
  • LocationColumbia SC

Posted 11 June 2018 - 04:32 PM

Though the Bulldogs have plenty of College World Series history, Mississippi State’s run to Omaha this year was anything but typical—especially with a head coaching change just three games into the regular season. But interim head coach Gary Henderson has had the Bulldogs playing at a higher level down the stretch, and they showed impressive fortitude in a third-straight classic at Vanderbilt, winning 10-6 in 11 innings.

Both teams played with incredible resiliency, as they have all weekend long. After Jake Mangum fueled a three-run ninth inning for the Bulldogs, the Commodores responded with two huge ninth-inning home runs by Pat DeMarco and Ethan Paul to tie it.

But in the 11th, Mississippi State simply found an extra offensive gear, putting up a four-spot and turning to righthander Keegan James to shut the door.

"It just is an incredible group of kids," Henderson said. "It is the most resilient group I have been around as a coach. This is special. We have the best fans in the nation. They traveled and made this feel like a home game. Can't say enough about how proud I am of this team and how proud I am to be their coach."

https://www.baseball...pi-state-surge/

#2 CockEngineer

CockEngineer

Illuminati

• Moderators
  • 5,619 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

Posted 11 June 2018 - 04:48 PM

So glad to see Vandy get beat.  And we won't have to listen or see the whistler any more.

Posted Image

#3 Doug Jolley

Doug Jolley

Publisher

• Administrators
  • 9,693 posts
  • LocationColumbia SC

Posted 11 June 2018 - 05:15 PM

NO WHISTLER! Now let’s make sure the Arkansas pigface Fan doesn’t go either!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users