• PipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts
  • LocationSimpsonville, SC

Posted 08 July 2018 - 09:16 PM

I like the this:

With the personnel South Carolina has on offense, there should be no
excuses for the Gamecocks not to roll up plenty of yards and put up
handfuls of points this season.

Pro Football Focus and will boast a pair of NFL-caliber wide receivers, perhaps the top tandem in the SEC.

#4 ViajeroCock

ViajeroCock

Ray Tanner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,170 posts
  • LocationNaples, FL

Posted 09 July 2018 - 02:10 AM

I thought that was a pretty reasonable overview of our team

#5 gamecock58

gamecock58

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 11 July 2018 - 11:38 PM

I like the report of our team. Kept reading and read Tenn. recruiting from  a large group for the 2019 and enjoyed that they offered mostly 3 stars. We sure look a lot better at recruiting for 2019 and hope we keep going. Muschamp and his coaches are doing a good job .

#6 RoboRooster

RoboRooster

Garnet Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,112 posts
  • LocationFlorence, SC

Posted 13 July 2018 - 12:57 PM

The first sentence was unnecessary  "South Carolina took another step forward in its second season under failed Florida coach Will Muschamp. "

WEll geesh how many  "failed" coaches has TN had lately???? Quite a few! Anyway he's successful enough to whip the Volumetears!

#7 GACock

GACock

Baseball Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,890 posts
  • LocationBehind the right field palmetto at Carolina Stadium

Posted 13 July 2018 - 03:15 PM

Phil Fulmer made sure they added that. He still mad.

Go Gamecocks!!!

gacock

#8 Q-ball

Q-ball

SPUR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 13 July 2018 - 03:47 PM

Tennessee has been a mess. I think they might have finally gotten a coach to head them back in the right direction. Time will tell.

901178c4784805f0b4d92fa96a2e6fc2.jpg?qua

Edited by Q-ball, 15 July 2018 - 09:45 AM.

#9 RoboRooster

RoboRooster

Garnet Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,112 posts
  • LocationFlorence, SC

Posted 13 July 2018 - 06:02 PM

Yep time will tail.

#10 Q-ball

Q-ball

SPUR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 13 July 2018 - 09:06 PM

I see what you did there. :)

ba550440dd5d92dec7fcb289e6cfb22d.jpg?qua

#11 gamecock58

gamecock58

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 15 July 2018 - 02:41 AM

Q-ball, your sports is spot on. As a senor I truly enjoy your post and thanks for the pitchers. Doug you are doing a very good job getting out a lot of sports before any one else.  

#12 Q-ball

Q-ball

SPUR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 15 July 2018 - 09:47 AM

Thank you for the kind words.

e219c52dd126e787e8551491960d4b10.jpg?qua

#13 SouthernGamecock

SouthernGamecock

Somewhere In Time

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,420 posts
  • LocationYork County, SC

Posted 16 July 2018 - 01:20 PM

The first sentence was unnecessary  "South Carolina took another step forward in its second season under failed Florida coach Will Muschamp. "

WEll geesh how many  "failed" coaches has TN had lately???? Quite a few! Anyway he's successful enough to whip the Volumetears!

Will is only 4 years removed from the Florida job...  This statement had no relevance whatsoever, other than to show the writers weak backhanded jab at an opponents coach.

"Compound interest is the eighth wonder of the world.  He who understands it, earns it ... he who doesn't ... pays it” - Albert Einstein

#14 brat

brat

Professor of Gamecockology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,502 posts
  • LocationLexington, SC

Posted 16 July 2018 - 03:25 PM

They also refuse to acknowledge that he had to gut the team of many talented players to clean the program up. He could have taken the easy way and kept them and probably won enough games to have kept his job until he got his own kids there through recruitment. He did the right thing so those that followed didn't have the same mess to handle. They also refuse to recognize one of his years there he was hit with an extreme number of injuries. That happens to some teams, of course, but put those two things together and it almost assured him of a tough season.

Regardless, we are lucky to have him here and I am certain he knows that the pressure to win here is very light compared to some other places and much like SOS, he could easily stay here as long as he likes without crazy expectations put on him. Win some big games, beat Clempson more times than not (once he has fully rebuilt the program), keep us competitive against those on our schedule, contend for the SEC East, maybe even give us our first SEC title within a few years, get us into the playoffs a couple of times or so, and win more that SOS did here. Given time, his coaching and work ethnic and recruiting ability, with good assistants about him, those are obtainable here.

It will be difficult to duplicate what SOS did during his peak here, but we should be in the ballpark and might top some of it for a season or two. I'll sign off on that, right now. Difference is, I don't expect this to nosedive under his watch in the foreseeable future.

Edited by brat, 16 July 2018 - 09:03 PM.

"When I was young I looked like Al Capone, but I lacked his compassion." - Oscar Levant

#15 Q-ball

Q-ball

SPUR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 16 July 2018 - 08:40 PM

I'm of the opinion that Florida made an error letting Muschamp go when they did. But I understand fan bases.

7f276bdbd476f7bd9f2e1a92f66554be.jpg?qua

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users