4 replies to this topic

#1 Doug Jolley

Doug Jolley

Publisher

• Administrators
  • 10,087 posts
  • LocationColumbia SC

Posted 09 July 2018 - 01:08 AM

The University of Missouri is still facing enrollment and budgetary problems, including a $49 million budget shortfall, as a result of the 2015 social justice protests that caught national media attention.

Missouri State Senator Tom Hurst directly attributes the university’s budgetary and enrollment issues to the 2015 protests. “Couple of years ago, whenever all the protests were taking place on the campus, many students decided they did not want that atmosphere and attended different universities, Hurst said. “From what I’ve seen we did not lose those students to other states, they just went to other universities within the state.”

https://www.breitbar...after-protests/

#2 brat

brat

Professor of Gamecockology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,577 posts
  • LocationLexington, SC

Posted 09 July 2018 - 12:25 PM

Tough to put that Genie back in the bottle.

"When I was young I looked like Al Capone, but I lacked his compassion." - Oscar Levant

#3 jaxbeachcock

jaxbeachcock

Ray Tanner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,164 posts
  • LocationJacksonville Beach, FL

Posted 09 July 2018 - 01:14 PM

Maybe Mizzou just sucks. If their women's basketball coach is an indication of their staff, they have some serious issues. Maybe they can just tear the whole place down and build a Super Walmart, I hear that they are very profitable. JMHO

Go Gamecocks!!!

#4 Spinal Tap

Spinal Tap

Ray Tanner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,999 posts
  • LocationI Used to Know

Posted 11 July 2018 - 06:01 PM

The Missouri athletic department operated at a loss for the second straight fiscal year, MU athletic director Jim Sterk told reporters on Monday.

The 2017-18 fiscal year ran through June, and Sterk said the operating loss is “about the same as the year before,” when the department spent $102,409,131 and generated $97,848,195, thanks in large part to lagging ticket sales. He had predicted operating in the red during the 2017-18 fiscal year when he met with reporters in March.

According to USA Today’s most recent database of Division I athletic departments' finances, Mizzou ranked 32nd in revenue and 30th in expenses during the 2016-17 fiscal year. Among Southeastern Conference schools, Mizzou ranked last in revenue and next to last in expenses, ahead of only Mississippi State. Sterk said he’s “hopeful” the department can balance the budget during the current fiscal year.

Read more here: https://www.kansasci...l#storylink=cpy

Gamecock Barbie Heard That Bryan Gilinski Will Be a Really, Really Good Quarterback 

#5 12th Mann

12th Mann

Gamecock nurse nancy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,229 posts
  • LocationUpstate

Posted 13 July 2018 - 08:56 PM

They aren’t really in the south east. I’m not surprised. Karma?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users