13 replies to this topic

#1 Doug Jolley

Doug Jolley

Publisher

• Administrators
  • 9,976 posts
  • LocationColumbia SC

Posted 12 September 2018 - 03:18 AM

“If you think that Will Muschamp should be released and relieved of his duties after what he’s done with an absolutely abysmal roster the last two years, it’s remarkable,” McElroy said. “Absolutely remarkable to me. Like, that is the most short-sighted thing I have ever heard on this program.”

Read more here: https://www.thestate...l#storylink=cpy

https://www.thestate...e218233140.html

#2 fanalways

fanalways

Senior Gamecock

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,539 posts

Posted 12 September 2018 - 03:29 AM

Great point was made about the roster Coach Muschamp inherited. Our team is still suffering from the bad recruiting that was done before Muschamp arrived. There is STILL at talent gap between our team and the top teams in the SEC. Coach Muschamp is doing a great job recruiting and closing that talent gap.

Edited by fanalways, 12 September 2018 - 03:31 AM.

"Winning isn't a sometime thing; it is an all the time thing. You don't win once in a while; you don't do the right thing once in a while; you do them right all the time. Winning is a habit. Unfortunately, so is losing". `Vince Lombardi (Hall of Fame Coach)

#3 SCNitehawk2

SCNitehawk2

SPUR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 936 posts
  • LocationGamecock Nation, USA

Posted 12 September 2018 - 10:10 AM

Remember this only year three for the coach and his staff. How many thought we would be where we are today when he was hired? I think it is safe to say that, so far, he has exceeeded all expectations.

#4 SouthernGamecock

SouthernGamecock

Somewhere In Time

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,481 posts
  • LocationYork County, SC

Posted 12 September 2018 - 12:30 PM

I've always liked Greg and enjoy his weekly show with Marcus Spears on the SEC Network from time to time.  Both are class acts.

That said, comments like this come as little surprise, especially in a society obsessed with short-termism.  I myself had too high expectations for 2018 but must realize that programs like UGA and Clemson have only continued to widen the talent gap, while coach Muschamp has had to rebuild a program left for dead talent and culture-wise.  

This helps put things into perspective:

"Georgia is coming off a 13-2 season in which it was one defensive stop from winning a national title."

"Compound interest is the eighth wonder of the world.  He who understands it, earns it ... he who doesn't ... pays it” - Albert Einstein

#5 Taragirl87x

Taragirl87x

Lady Gamecock

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,966 posts
  • Location8 miles from Clemson in a town called Seneca so feel my pain lol

Posted 12 September 2018 - 12:45 PM

Maybe if we lost to the Citadel that could be a topic of discussion but like he said we lost to a very good team. Some people are total idiots.

#6 jaxbeachcock

jaxbeachcock

Ray Tanner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,131 posts
  • LocationJacksonville Beach, FL

Posted 12 September 2018 - 01:49 PM

Maybe if we lost to the Citadel that could be a topic of discussion but like he said we lost to a very good team. Some people are total idiots.

Some people just like to stir the pot, lol. Slow news day kind of thing.

Go Gamecocks!!!

#7 53fan

53fan

SPUR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts
  • LocationRock Hill

Posted 12 September 2018 - 05:40 PM

We ALL said when Champ was hired that we would need extreme patience because of the abysmal roster he inherited.  Let's stay the course on that please. Hate to mention this name on this board but when Dabo took Clemson they lost to Kentucky in bowl game & was obliterate by WV. Let's be patient 

#8 Spinal Tap

Spinal Tap

Ray Tanner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,918 posts
  • LocationI Used to Know

Posted 12 September 2018 - 08:23 PM

Some people just like to stir the pot, lol. Slow news day kind of thing.

Go Gamecocks!!!

Stir the pot or smoke it?  Spoken by someone (another Carolina fan) who is clueless. 

Gamecock Barbie Heard That Something Called Conference Games Are Really, Really Important

#9 jaxbeachcock

jaxbeachcock

Ray Tanner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,131 posts
  • LocationJacksonville Beach, FL

Posted 12 September 2018 - 09:39 PM

We ALL said when Champ was hired that we would need extreme patience because of the abysmal roster he inherited.  Let's stay the course on that please. Hate to mention this name on this board but when Dabo took Clemson they lost to Kentucky in bowl game & was obliterate by WV. Let's be patient 

This just in, West Virginia just scored again !!! Still one of my personal highlights.

Go Gamecocks!!!!

#10 Spinal Tap

Spinal Tap

Ray Tanner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,918 posts
  • LocationI Used to Know

Posted 12 September 2018 - 10:02 PM

That might make a great game now.

Gamecock Barbie Heard That Something Called Conference Games Are Really, Really Important

#11 gamecock58

gamecock58

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 13 September 2018 - 12:57 PM

I really don't know how someone could into a show on ESPN and ask that bad of a question. Boom will get the Gamecocks going before long. Also thats the first time I heard anyone ask or say that about Muschamp. He is a good coach , Lets give him time. The AD , Tanner will do the  right thing.

#12 12th Mann

12th Mann

Gamecock nurse nancy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,127 posts
  • LocationUpstate

Posted 14 September 2018 - 12:43 AM

Losing DJ Wonnum before Georgia made things worse. We are not deep enough to lose linemen like DJ Wonnum. We looked at the second half again on TV. The freshman players were clueless in stopping the run. They will be better next year. We can then being on our way with good teams. I was thinking a good year was winning 8 games before the season.

#13 Cockyprince

Cockyprince

Ray Tanner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,544 posts
  • Locationsomewhere in the low country

Posted 14 September 2018 - 07:43 PM

I will take 8 wins right now and am hoping they will find a bad team needing money which will schedule themselves a trip to Columbia to replace Marshall on October 20 or December 1.

I wanta give these men a decent burial. Forget it. Buzzards gotta eat,same as worms.

#14 Doug Jolley

Doug Jolley

Publisher

• Administrators
  • 9,976 posts
  • LocationColumbia SC

Posted 14 September 2018 - 11:15 PM

I vote to tick off Brat and play UNC, lol. Double your pleasure, beat them the last regular season game of 2018 and first game of 2019.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users