3 replies to this topic

#1 Doug Jolley

Doug Jolley

Publisher

• Administrators
  • 10,038 posts
  • LocationColumbia SC

Posted 11 October 2018 - 04:30 AM

Can CA schools even remain in the NCAA if this sticks?

http://www.espn.com/...-california-law

#2 LexCock

LexCock

Frank McGuire BB School Alumnus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts
  • LocationLexington, SC

Posted 11 October 2018 - 12:02 PM

Interesting situation there. In a way, I like it when someone tells the arrogant NCAA what they can’t do, but I don’t like people having no consequences for violating rules. The NCAA has shown to be too soft in many situations anyway.

"Free Throw Shooting Champion"

#3 brat

brat

Professor of Gamecockology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,562 posts
  • LocationLexington, SC

Posted 11 October 2018 - 02:36 PM

That's like saying if a Judge is known to have taken bribes over the course of his career, it's still OK for him to remain on the bench.

The NCAA should say, "Fine, you want to hire a coach known for blatant cheating and disregarding NCAA rules? Well, in that case, we will permit any school on its schedule to refuse to play them without any penalty, even if it means no school will play them, at all. Additionally, if the coach is found to cheat, again, we will give the school an automatic Death Penalty for knowingly hiring a repeat offender, cheater."

"When I was young I looked like Al Capone, but I lacked his compassion." - Oscar Levant

#4 Doug Jolley

Doug Jolley

Publisher

• Administrators
  • 10,038 posts
  • LocationColumbia SC

Posted 11 October 2018 - 07:23 PM

That's like saying if a Judge is known to have taken bribes over the course of his career, it's still OK for him to remain on the bench.

The NCAA should say, "Fine, you want to hire a coach known for blatant cheating and disregarding NCAA rules? Well, in that case, we will permit any school on its schedule to refuse to play them without any penalty, even if it means no school will play them, at all. Additionally, if the coach is found to cheat, again, we will give the school an automatic Death Penalty for knowingly hiring a repeat offender, cheater."

I too like thumbing your nose at the NCAA, but I think your analysis here is spot on. There has to be consequences or the inmates will quickly run the asylum.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users