#1 brat

brat

Professor of Gamecockology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,605 posts
  • LocationLexington, SC

Posted 06 December 2018 - 04:24 AM

Lose by 9 points to a 2 win team that is not a Power 5 team that played without its best player and their second best fouled out in the 1st Half.

Bye, Frank. Resign tonight. The team ain't playing for you and not anyone else, it seems. Thanks for the Final Four run, but that is ancient history and the shine is off that now. The sooner recruits know we will have a new coach, the better. Ray...........do your job...... if you don't want to do it in person, send him a "Candygram for Mongo!" He'll get the hint.

We might not win any SEC games. If that is what is takes to start searching for another coach, OK by me.

"When I was young I looked like Al Capone, but I lacked his compassion." - Oscar Levant

#2 Cockyprince

Cockyprince

Ray Tanner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
  • Locationsomewhere in the low country

Posted 06 December 2018 - 07:28 AM

No one on the team is fired up.

I wanta give these men a decent burial. Forget it. Buzzards gotta eat,same as worms.

#3 Homer

Homer

SPUR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 07 December 2018 - 12:14 AM

Team looks bad right now. I am not sure how it has gotten back to this as it seemed that things were on the up for awhile. This team better improve or it could be the end for coach.

#4 fanalways

fanalways

Senior Gamecock

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,734 posts

Posted 07 December 2018 - 02:12 PM

When the star senior players don't play at a high level every game, you get these type of results. The future is very bright for the Gamecocks men basketball with freshmen A.J. Lawson and Keyshawn Bryant along with others returning next season getting better after a year of playing basketball on the college level. If Silva & Kotsar, who played in the Final Four don't play better, this will be a long season. The team plays Michigan Saturday.

Edited by fanalways, 07 December 2018 - 02:25 PM.

"Winning isn't a sometime thing; it is an all the time thing. You don't win once in a while; you don't do the right thing once in a while; you do them right all the time. Winning is a habit. Unfortunately, so is losing". `Vince Lombardi (Hall of Fame Coach)

#5 Cockyprince

Cockyprince

Ray Tanner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
  • Locationsomewhere in the low country

Posted 07 December 2018 - 04:33 PM

Not a good sign when we are talking about next year when thiis one has barely started.

I wanta give these men a decent burial. Forget it. Buzzards gotta eat,same as worms.

#6 brat

brat

Professor of Gamecockology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,605 posts
  • LocationLexington, SC

Posted 07 December 2018 - 04:45 PM

If we barely get to double digit wins (and I am not ready to concede that we will) how do you keep a coach after seven years and why should we think our new players will continue to progress when Seniors have regressed?

Hate being so negative, but I see nothing but tuned out players or kids mailing it in, not enjoying the game. Something is wrong in one or more major ways. Barring a huge turnaround, a season full of noncompetitive beating by teams in the past we ought to have won just by showing up, is going to sour anyone who does not have masochistic leanings.

After roughly meh, or worse, basketball for nearly 50 years, there is no promise the next coach will do any great shakes, but we need to keep trying. If not, the potential outcome of this season is essentially not having a men's basketball program. Hell, can it and use the money for other sports as well as the use of those scholarships for other programs.

"When I was young I looked like Al Capone, but I lacked his compassion." - Oscar Levant

#7 Kiwicock

Kiwicock

Ray Tanner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,708 posts
  • LocationAiken

Posted 07 December 2018 - 05:37 PM

I’m surprised by Silva and his lack of production...I’d think he’d be playing lights out with this being his last year. At this rate he’ll be lucky to play in Europe 🙄
The team and attitude this year is a head scratcher!

#8 SouthernGamecock

SouthernGamecock

Somewhere In Time

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,627 posts
  • LocationYork County, SC

Posted 07 December 2018 - 11:56 PM

Brat, I don't read any negativity in your statement from my point of view. 

I've been a big fan of Frank and his bulldog style since we hired him.  I felt he would build a consistent winner given time.  Unfortunately his club appears to be going into a severe bear market, using investing lingo.  Seven years is more than enough time to build an average program with players that can remain here longer than 2 years on average.  I've grown tired and bored with his recruiting efforts and that's a darn shame, b/c I've been waiting and wanting a good bball team to pull for since the early 80s! :unsure:

If he couldn't use the Final 4 as leverage to elevate the program, nothing he does will.

It's time for Tanner to think about making a move.  Please don't make the same mistake you made with Chad by allowing the program to crash before hiring someone new.

"Compound interest is the eighth wonder of the world.  He who understands it, earns it ... he who doesn't ... pays it” - Albert Einstein

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users