5 replies to this topic

#1 Doug Jolley

Doug Jolley

Publisher

• Administrators
  • 10,595 posts
  • LocationColumbia SC

Posted 13 April 2019 - 06:09 PM

'Nike schools pay too': Federal court docs allude to corruption involving flagship Nike basketball programs UNC, Duke, Kentucky

https://sports.yahoo...-212410675.html

#2 brat

brat

Professor of Gamecockology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,708 posts
  • LocationLexington, SC

Posted 13 April 2019 - 06:49 PM

I hope they all go out of business. It should be illegal for any company to pay someone in a high place to do business with them. Anyone who offers or accepts any form of gifts or money to accomplish this should be fired, with cause, paid not another cent by their company and then " Go to Jail, go directly to jail, do not pass GO."

Back to when I was a youngin' we had either Keds or Converse tennis shoes. Choice of white or black, low top or high tops (for ankle protection).

They were good enough and nobody gave a crapola about what kind I wore.

Edited by brat, 13 April 2019 - 06:50 PM.

"When I was young I looked like Al Capone, but I lacked his compassion." - Oscar Levant

#3 2cocky4u

2cocky4u

SPUR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 810 posts
  • LocationRaleigh,NC

Posted 14 April 2019 - 02:15 PM

The shoe companies give money, shoes, uniforms, and other schools clothing apparel to our coaches, and athletic programs: why would I not think they have an interest in how well my team performs and the outcome??? The better team and results I produce the more money they will make and contribute to sponsor the coach and team.

If the NCAA made all teams buy their shoes, uniforms, and equipment this crap would go away.

#4 SCNitehawk2

SCNitehawk2

Ray Tanner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,002 posts
  • LocationGamecock Nation, USA

Posted 15 April 2019 - 02:44 PM

And let us not forget that Nike has used child labor and has been guilty of other human rights violations. They are also rumored to have close ties to some gangs. I refuse to wear anything Nike for these reasons.

#5 Q-ball

Q-ball

SPUR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 15 April 2019 - 03:28 PM

Money has a way of ruining most everything.

4007e952b02798592eae10d45fbca418.jpg?qua

#6 SCNitehawk2

SCNitehawk2

Ray Tanner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,002 posts
  • LocationGamecock Nation, USA

Posted 17 April 2019 - 10:19 AM

And on a related note, Zion Williams announced for the NBA. (surprise, surpirse.)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users