17 replies to this topic

#1 Doug Jolley

Doug Jolley

Publisher

• Administrators
  • 10,595 posts
  • LocationColumbia SC

Posted 14 April 2019 - 02:55 AM

The South Carolina baseball team that is struggling is still averaging more than 5k in attendance during SEC games. InsideCarolina estimated the attendance at their spring football game was around 5k.

“Lil Carolina” indeed.

#2 2cocky4u

2cocky4u

SPUR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 810 posts
  • LocationRaleigh,NC

Posted 14 April 2019 - 02:05 PM

There is a competition for my time and money. Ray, Frank and the rest of the coaches need to understand that. 

I love to the spring football game and have been many time but when the football lays a complete "I don't care turd" in the bowl game, why would I want to give my time, energy, effort and money to go support that!

Frank put a hard working, low talent, and ugly style on the floor with expensive concessions. Recruit better, and lower the price of concessions like the Atlanta Falcons have done.

Our baseball team scores little to no runs (5 runs or less) and has folded in sec competition giving away 3 blown saves in the 9th inning. Why would I continue to support that.

I have been a continual support of our male programs since 1976 but I am tired of supporting teams and coaches that do little to "earn my competitive dollars and time". Ray and coaches when was the last time you beat clemson??? We won baseball this year, but before that, when? 

Ray, figure it out. I will come back when we put our effort into every game, all game! Go Cocks!

#3 swocock58

swocock58

Gamecock Navy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 14 April 2019 - 03:13 PM

I’m a faithful follower regardless - in my blood. Unless I was to have a blood transfusion, I will follow faithfully till the day I die. Don’t get me wrong, I do get frustrated at times (last night’s blown save for example. Football concessions are horrible though!

#4 BadCock

BadCock

Staff (Aynor Branch)

• Moderators
  • 2,858 posts
  • LocationAynor

Posted 14 April 2019 - 08:41 PM

I'm with swocock. There is no excuse for me not to give full support.

jmo

#5 2cocky4u

2cocky4u

SPUR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 810 posts
  • LocationRaleigh,NC

Posted 14 April 2019 - 09:28 PM

There is no excuse for our players to not give their fullest effort, and that bowl games effort sucked.

Edited by 2cocky4u, 14 April 2019 - 09:29 PM.

#6 Cockyprince

Cockyprince

Ray Tanner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,799 posts
  • Locationsomewhere in the low country

Posted 15 April 2019 - 12:30 AM

I have been a faithful supporter since 1956 when as a cub scout I ushered in Carolina Stadium. I did not enjoy the Belk Bowl but I remember many years that in which we did not go bowling. I will never give up supporting the Gamecocks in any sport.

I wanta give these men a decent burial. Forget it. Buzzards gotta eat,same as worms.

#7 brat

brat

Professor of Gamecockology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,708 posts
  • LocationLexington, SC

Posted 15 April 2019 - 01:19 AM

I believe you can both support and have some level of expectation of hiring, coaching, facilities, recruiting, training, effort, and results.

If, following a reasonable time, there remains a distinctly poor pattern of results in some of these areas, then no one should be safe from either critique or removal as last resorts.

We all know that replacement does not promise improvement, but while hope springs eternal, that hope needs to eventually be refueled away from the treadmill of futility. Try, try, again.

Edited by brat, 15 April 2019 - 12:42 PM.

"When I was young I looked like Al Capone, but I lacked his compassion." - Oscar Levant

#8 CockEngineer

CockEngineer

Illuminati

• Moderators
  • 6,054 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

Posted 15 April 2019 - 12:36 PM

The South Carolina baseball team that is struggling is still averaging more than 5k in attendance during SEC games. InsideCarolina estimated the attendance at their spring football game was around 5k.

“Lil Carolina” indeed.

Notably absent from the Holes spring game was WR Mike Wyman.  He had scheduled to be there, but didn't make the trip.  He's set to announce today.  Cock lock.

As for the Holes, if it doesn't involve bouncing a round ball, they don't care.

Posted Image

#9 Q-ball

Q-ball

SPUR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 15 April 2019 - 03:39 PM

308fref.jpg

4291968a5d41302b4fc888b56884844d.jpg?qua

#10 CharlotteGamecock

CharlotteGamecock

Staff Graphics Guru

• Moderators
  • 1,790 posts
  • LocationWilliams Brice Stadium

Posted 15 April 2019 - 07:44 PM

Someone said it looked like there were just over 1500 people in the stands at UNC. 

#11 Spinal Tap

Spinal Tap

Ray Tanner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,098 posts
  • LocationI Used to Know

Posted 15 April 2019 - 08:06 PM

Someone said it looked like there were just over 1500 people in the stands at UNC. 

Had to be encouraging for Mack & staff.

Our Offense Doesn't Go To 11

#12 Q-ball

Q-ball

SPUR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 16 April 2019 - 01:17 PM

They don't care about football.

if-its-tugs-you-want-its-tugs-youll-get-

#13 Cockyprince

Cockyprince

Ray Tanner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,799 posts

Posted 16 April 2019 - 02:38 PM

She has sand in her slits. I think residents of the northern colony of Carolina dont care a lot about football but they desperately want to be perceived as the owner of the name, "Carolina". Some of those northerners do actually think they are "Carolina". Of course history is on our side. Charles Town was founded in 1680. Anyone care to say when their largest seacoast town was officially founded, Wilmington? I haven't looked it up yet, but I will.

I wanta give these men a decent burial. Forget it. Buzzards gotta eat,same as worms.

#14 Cockyprince

Cockyprince

Ray Tanner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,799 posts

Posted 16 April 2019 - 02:46 PM

Their own records say 1729, Charleston was 49 years young at that time. They have no claim to the name, "Carolina", except the school at Chapel Hill had its cornerstone laid in 1793, while USC dates back to 1801, so there is room for dispute. Maybe it is because they had the first public University in the colonies they have the big head, a basis for their arrogance.

#15 SteelGamecock

SteelGamecock

Steve Spurrier's Caddy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,638 posts
  • LocationWalking with the Ball Coach

Posted 16 April 2019 - 05:00 PM

My Tarhole friend informed me that it was at least 5000.  He said it would have been 10k except for the weather.

“Fortunately I always keep a spare in my locker.”

#16 BadCock

BadCock

Staff (Aynor Branch)

• Moderators
  • 2,858 posts
  • LocationAynor

Posted 16 April 2019 - 05:41 PM

That's a packed house

#17 BadCock

BadCock

Staff (Aynor Branch)

• Moderators
  • 2,858 posts
  • LocationAynor

Posted 16 April 2019 - 05:42 PM

Their own records say 1729, Charleston was 49 years young at that time. They have no claim to the name, "Carolina", except the school at Chapel Hill had its cornerstone laid in 1793, while USC dates back to 1801, so there is room for dispute. Maybe it is because they had the first public University in the colonies they have the big head, a basis for their arrogance.

I think it more to do with the word "North" in the name.

#18 Cockyprince

Cockyprince

Ray Tanner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,799 posts

Posted 16 April 2019 - 06:00 PM

I have had the misfortune of having to do some work up there and they routinely called themselves Carolina and the other one called them selves State. They leave off the North part and that doesn't sit well with me. We are Carolina .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users