15 replies to this topic

#1 Doug Jolley

Doug Jolley

Publisher

• Administrators
  • 10,947 posts
  • LocationColumbia SC

Posted 08 July 2019 - 02:43 PM

Ok, it’s huge if Myles Murphy picks USC today. People are freaking out that there has been a shift in those expert picks of late towards UNC. YES, that can often mean a change in the rumblings behind the scenes. BUT, as the State pointed out - “It’s often a strong indicator, though not foolproof (Gamecocks linebacker Mohamed Kaba was a unanimous pick to N.C. State until the moment he picked USC).”

#2 CockEngineer

CockEngineer

Illuminati

• Moderators
  • 6,189 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

Posted 08 July 2019 - 02:51 PM

I'm hoping that he's trying to create some drama and will pick the real Carolina this afternoon.  We've been stronger, longer...  I don't think anyone really knows at this point.  Both staffs feel good about their chances.

Posted Image

#3 CockEngineer

CockEngineer

Illuminati

• Moderators
  • 6,189 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

Posted 08 July 2019 - 07:06 PM

He chose the Holes, but it's a long way to signing day...  I don't necessarily think that this one is over.

Posted Image

#4 Kiwicock

Kiwicock

Ray Tanner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,808 posts
  • LocationAiken

Posted 08 July 2019 - 09:32 PM

He must be a huge basketball fan🤔...and like playing in a stadium smaller than some HS ones? Best of luck to him...

#5 53fan

53fan

SPUR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 504 posts
  • LocationRock Hill

Posted 08 July 2019 - 09:37 PM

Confused as to how this one got away

#6 CockEngineer

CockEngineer

Illuminati

• Moderators
  • 6,189 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

Posted 08 July 2019 - 10:00 PM

I think Momma may want him in Chapel Hole...
Posted Image

#7 BadCock

BadCock

Staff (Aynor Branch)

• Moderators
  • 3,211 posts
  • LocationAynor

Posted 09 July 2019 - 04:44 AM

South Carolina maintained a lead all the way up until his official visit to North Carolina.

“I had a feeling that I’d be better off at UNC. It’s the home state.
Then, when I looked it up, all of the home players they had already that
have talent, so I was just like, why not stay here? I can be with that
N.C. talent here," Murphy said.

He added, “The big difference between those two – I had a good
relationship with them, but I didn’t have a great relationship with the
coaches at South Carolina. I love coach Tim Cross, the one at UNC, he’s
one of the best defensive coaches I’ve ever met. He kept it real with
me. That was one of the best parts of it.”

#8 CockEngineer

CockEngineer

Illuminati

• Moderators
  • 6,189 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

Posted 09 July 2019 - 10:40 AM

South Carolina maintained a lead all the way up until his official visit to North Carolina.

“I had a feeling that I’d be better off at UNC. It’s the home state.
Then, when I looked it up, all of the home players they had already that
have talent, so I was just like, why not stay here? I can be with that
N.C. talent here," Murphy said.

He added, “The big difference between those two – I had a good
relationship with them, but I didn’t have a great relationship with the
coaches at South Carolina. I love coach Tim Cross, the one at UNC, he’s
one of the best defensive coaches I’ve ever met. He kept it real with
me. That was one of the best parts of it.”

The part about not having a good relationship with USC coaches is contrary to things he's been saying prior to yesterday.

Posted Image

#9 SouthernGamecock

SouthernGamecock

Somewhere In Time

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,902 posts
  • LocationYork County, SC

Posted 09 July 2019 - 01:26 PM

"He added, “The big difference between those two – I had a good relationship with them, but I didn’t have a great relationship with the coaches at South Carolina."

-I suppose this is why we were his leader for a time :unsure:  

-Is there even a reason to say this, unless you simply want to make yourself look foolish.

"Compound interest is the eighth wonder of the world.  He who understands it, earns it ... he who doesn't ... pays it” - Albert Einstein

#10 CockEngineer

CockEngineer

Illuminati

• Moderators
  • 6,189 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

Posted 09 July 2019 - 01:52 PM

To add, he had been a silent commitment for awhile now and had even filmed a commitment video.  Some of his comments were really strange.

Posted Image

#11 Kiwicock

Kiwicock

Ray Tanner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,808 posts
  • LocationAiken

Posted 09 July 2019 - 05:36 PM

Hope he gets a good view at Bank of America Stadium😛

#12 RoboRooster

RoboRooster

Garnet Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,278 posts
  • LocationFlorence, SC

Posted 09 July 2019 - 10:08 PM

Hope he regrets his decision when we whip the baby blues in Charlotte.

#13 12th Mann

12th Mann

Gamecock nurse nancy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,534 posts
  • LocationUpstate

Posted 09 July 2019 - 10:41 PM

Mike Wyman is actively trying to flip him. Ryan Hilinski and Doty are also talking to him. Let’s beat the Heels by 50.

#14 redoakman

redoakman

Ray Tanner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,369 posts

Posted 10 July 2019 - 12:15 PM

My bi

Mike Wyman is actively trying to flip him. Ryan Hilinski and Doty are also talking to him. Let’s beat the Heels by 50.

12th, my biggest concern about the outcome is Muschamp's relationship with Mack and the loyalty factor. I don't believe he will keep pushing even though we should score as many as time allows.

#15 brat

brat

Professor of Gamecockology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,833 posts

Posted 10 July 2019 - 12:42 PM

Red, I think Champ should realize with the toughest schedule in the country that he can't afford to not go all out in any chance to win,  especially in the first game of the season in where one wants to set the tone for the games that follow.He will not be in the hot seat this year, but if he flubs around trying to be nice and it costs or almost costs him/us a game, then unless we have an unexpectedly good season, then in 2020 he will be fighting for his job.

If he gets cut loose here for a poor record (after a reasonable time to rebuild) then his chances of being hired as a HC in the SEC are out the window.

"When I was young I looked like Al Capone, but I lacked his compassion." - Oscar Levant

#16 Cockyprince

Cockyprince

Ray Tanner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,963 posts
  • Locationsomewhere in the low country

Posted 10 July 2019 - 07:09 PM

Coach Muschamp has kicked field goal after field goal and then held on to eke out wins since he has been at USC because his offense has been inconsistent against D1 defenses much of the time. Now if he were to get into a context where his offense dominates and he does not put the pedal to the metal, then shame on him. The players and fans alike are starved for a big margin win against a D1, Power 5 team of any description. I hesitate to call for a blow out because I remember another unadvisable almost ill-fated trip to NC when we were heavily favored, supposed to blow out, East Carolina in an opener. I almost puked when I saw how poorly we played in that environment on that occasion, and then again last December as a favored SEC team coming off a scoring party, 600 offensive night against the number one team in D1 going against an underdog ACC mid-range team; we really laid an egg in that one, got shut out as I recall. I will not get my hopes up for a big margin win until we have covered the line and its fourth quarter, then I will celebrate. I dislike going to NC to play any team. We have not made any great memories up there that I can recall.

I wanta give these men a decent burial. Forget it. Buzzards gotta eat,same as worms.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users