#1 Doug Jolley

Doug Jolley

Publisher

• Administrators
  • 10,998 posts
  • LocationColumbia SC

Posted 06 November 2019 - 08:29 PM

😡

Steve Shaw, the SEC’s coordinator of football officials, wouldn’t speak to specific plays from the South Carolina Gamecocks loss to Florida, but he did comment on the game.

That particular officiating crew, Shaw said on Wednesday during the SEC media teleconference, “graded out solidly.”

#2 LexCock

LexCock

Frank McGuire BB School Alumnus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts
  • LocationLexington, SC

Posted 06 November 2019 - 09:23 PM

Steve Shaw, the SEC’s coordinator of football officials, wouldn’t speak to specific plays from the South Carolina Gamecocks loss to Florida, but he did comment on the game.

That particular officiating crew, Shaw said on Wednesday during the SEC media teleconference, “graded out solidly.”

Ridiculous.  Where was this reported?

"Free Throw Shooting Champion"

#3 jaxbeachcock

jaxbeachcock

Ray Tanner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts
  • LocationJacksonville Beach, FL

Posted 06 November 2019 - 09:39 PM

I'm surprised that they even acknowledged that they even officiated the game, I would have expected to hear " That wasn't us, we weren't even there, can you prove that it was us? lol

Go Gamecocks!!!

#4 CockEngineer

CockEngineer

Illuminati

• Moderators
  • 6,214 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

Posted 06 November 2019 - 09:41 PM

That's an absolute joke...
Posted Image

#5 BadCock

BadCock

Staff (Aynor Branch)

• Moderators
  • 3,336 posts
  • LocationAynor

Posted 06 November 2019 - 09:42 PM

He's a damn liar

#6 Spinal Tap

Spinal Tap

Ray Tanner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,210 posts
  • LocationI Used to Know

Posted 06 November 2019 - 11:49 PM

Protecting their own.

Gamecock Barbie wants her boys to stomp on the mountaineers.  

#7 AceBasinCock

AceBasinCock

SPUR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 07 November 2019 - 12:06 AM

One has to wonder if the payoffs these days are still done by cash and check or if they just go straight to Venmo.

#8 SCNitehawk2

SCNitehawk2

Ray Tanner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,061 posts
  • LocationGamecock Nation, USA

Posted 07 November 2019 - 11:48 AM

For all the off-season talk of "transparency" we have gotten nothing but non-answers.

#9 SteelGamecock

SteelGamecock

Steve Spurrier's Caddy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,835 posts
  • LocationWalking with the Ball Coach

Posted 07 November 2019 - 02:52 PM

I'm sure you could "grade out" just fine, but if the one or two plays you got wrong were horribly wrong game-changers, then the grade doesn't mean squat.

“Fortunately I always keep a spare in my locker.”

#10 Cockyprince

Cockyprince

Ray Tanner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,005 posts
  • Locationsomewhere in the low country

Posted 07 November 2019 - 03:23 PM

The SEC Execs stick together. Shaw works for Slive. Slive would kick his ass if he admitted error in officiating. The officiating must remain impervious to criticism whether right or wrong or in this case grossly wrong. It destroys any credibility that Slive or Shaw might have otherwise when it comes to honesty with the fan base concerning officiating. Anything they say or write about officiating would make a good location for a hog wallow.

I wanta give these men a decent burial. Forget it. Buzzards gotta eat,same as worms.

#11 12th Mann

12th Mann

Gamecock nurse nancy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,591 posts
  • LocationUpstate

Posted 07 November 2019 - 06:12 PM

Florida got the same explanation when they lost the next week.  We know there will never be changes for us, UT and other programs that are not Alabama worthy.  We did throw a blow to Georgia.  They took out Florida, so we all just do not matter.

#12 Kiwicock

Kiwicock

Ray Tanner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,823 posts
  • LocationAiken

Posted 07 November 2019 - 08:14 PM

It’s okay Mr Shaw...what you didn’t see the need to address as gross negligence, the entire country did see!
Not one sporting personality, football fan or reporter agree that the officiating and missed calls were nothing less than an atrocity...so we really don’t expect you to acknowledge it! Your declaration makes you look like a joke!

Edited by Kiwicock, 08 November 2019 - 12:12 AM.

#13 RoboRooster

RoboRooster

Garnet Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,294 posts
  • LocationFlorence, SC

Posted 08 November 2019 - 06:04 AM

Well, that tells me that even the top people of the SEC officiating crews are totally inept.  Best thing is to do to fix it is let the whole sheebang of them hit the road and hire all new staff!

#14 brat

brat

Professor of Gamecockology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,865 posts

Posted 08 November 2019 - 02:45 PM

When this happens again, and it will, the way it should be handled (with preapproval from his bosses):

Call our players off the field and have them stand on the sidelines with the rest of the team. Let the refs throw all the flags they want to and only when it gets to the point that we either go back on the field or forfeit, tell them we are playing the game under protest.

In the post game interviews blast the refs and the head of the SEC officiating crew as either totally inept and unprofessional or biased as hell, that the same thing happens every year and nothing ever changes and he called the kids off the field as it appeared the refs had decided we were going to lose the game and he hates for them to play on an uneven field. Ask that all teams and schools in the conference to support USC and demand changes be made to address the atrocious degree of attention the conference gives the problem and that has to start at the very top, the Commissioner. Also tell the Commissioner to either fix the problem or resign.

When Tanner and Caslen are asked about what Champ said, say that they think he's right and was probably too civil in his comments.

When the SEC levels a huge fines, appeal it. While we know we will lose the appeal, take all the time needed to pay the fine all in pennies or other change, delivered to the SEC HQ.

I learned long ago, that as a last resort, humiliation and embarrassment often forces change. Doing these things would make national news and it would for several days. I also realize that the refs and the SEC would have a large target painted on our back and it would stay there for ages. The truth is worth it in my book.

I remember several years ago, watching Bama play someone fairly late in the season and the announcers made the comment that their OL had not had a single holding call made against them all season. Impossible!!! There was a situation in the ACC, also many years ago where several schools continued to complain against UNC, in basketball, getting favoritism in the number of fouls and had done so for ages. The ACC supposedly did a "review' and came to the conclusion that UNC just didn't commit fouls all that often.

To me, this is like the new problem of transgender boys being allowed to race in track against girls. This was in Connecticut, but probably happening all across the nation, now. There were girls state records that had lasted for 20 years that were immediately being smashed by these new competitors. The girls had no chance to win these races. Why should they train for so long and so hard and know they had virtually no chance to win in an otherwise "fair" race? What they should do is all the real girls get together and make a pact that in the next race and every race against a transgender that when the shot is fired to run, they all stand still and not move, letting the person run alone. That, too, would force some resolution or cause the sport to stop being held. Why not? Drastic measures are sometimes needed in drastic situations. Do what is right, whenever possible.

Now, will our AD and President permit or back such actions by our coach? Not a chance. I wish they would prove me wrong.

Edited by brat, 08 November 2019 - 02:47 PM.

"When I was young I looked like Al Capone, but I lacked his compassion." - Oscar Levant

#15 SouthernGamecock

SouthernGamecock

Somewhere In Time

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,964 posts
  • LocationYork County, SC

Posted 08 November 2019 - 03:26 PM

The SEC executive staff must model themselves after our wonderful elected officials up on Capitol Hill.  If any of them ever decide to leave sports management, they really ought to consider running for office.  They'd fit in perfectly in Washington or at the Statehouse(s)!

"Compound interest is the eighth wonder of the world.  He who understands it, earns it ... he who doesn't ... pays it” - Albert Einstein

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users