Spinal Tap

Ray Tanner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,210 posts
  • LocationI Used to Know

Posted 07 November 2019 - 02:33 PM

Good one Ace.

Gamecock Barbie wants her boys to stomp on the mountaineers.  

#4 Cockyprince

Cockyprince

Ray Tanner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,005 posts
  • Locationsomewhere in the low country

Posted 07 November 2019 - 03:38 PM

yep...good one if you are looking for humor. But...look at number 3 Kinlaw. He had some good help to make the transition he made. I think our running backs are in the top echelon of strength for their size. I don't think Thomas Brown would hang around here long of there was a deficiency in the strength program. Maybe we should rethink our response to this video because there is evidence that we are pretty strong. If we have problems on our staff I think it is psychological and in the offensive strategy and execution. I think we should change out our OC and hire two shrinks, one for the HBC and one for the team. The HBC needs to see inside his blind spots, but if he had a competent OC he might get by with the blind spots, and the team needs to develop consistent tenacity in order to be relentless competitors ( read Fighting Gamecocks). Our HBC is not clear that he is supposed to win even if it means getting a grip on offense, Saban hires guys that come to him as tried, true, turned out OCs, not trainees.

Edited by Cockyprince, 07 November 2019 - 03:45 PM.

I wanta give these men a decent burial. Forget it. Buzzards gotta eat,same as worms.

#5 Doug Jolley

Doug Jolley

Publisher

• Administrators
  • 10,998 posts
  • LocationColumbia SC

Posted 07 November 2019 - 04:30 PM

No trainees as coordinators. I’m fully on board with that one.

#6 BadCock

BadCock

Staff (Aynor Branch)

• Moderators
  • 3,336 posts
  • LocationAynor

Posted 07 November 2019 - 07:46 PM

If a head coach has a short leash, then a trainee should feel lucky to get one year to show his stuff.

#7 AceBasinCock

AceBasinCock

SPUR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 08 November 2019 - 04:13 AM

I’m more concerned about our players injury numbers year after year which lead to our good players getting gassed and losing games in the fourth quarter. That may not fall on the strength coach, but it might. We are doing something different/wrong because there’s no way that the number of injuries we sustained last year and this year are comparable to other programs.

#8 AceBasinCock

AceBasinCock

SPUR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 10 November 2019 - 12:30 PM

We couldn’t control the line of scrimmage on either side of the ball against App State. We might have a strength coach, but not a good one

#9 53fan

53fan

SPUR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 543 posts
  • LocationRock Hill

Posted 10 November 2019 - 12:55 PM

This trend of the injury plagued team was first evident at Florida. It seems now that Florida was not the exception to the Muschamp way but the rule. It has only gotten worse here. Coincidence? 7-8 years is not coincidence, that's a trend that needs/must be addressed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users