MClendon can stay on as WR coach

#3 brat

brat

Professor of Gamecockology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,902 posts

Posted 01 December 2019 - 11:34 PM

Firing others for your own ineptitude. Muschamp hired them and some of them more than once.

Fire the source and then you really have a chance to solve the problem(s).

Now Ray and Muschamp and the BOT are all going to sit back and smile and relax intent knowing that they have appeased the dumb masses and will have another year to screw around and deal with it again in 12 months, likely with similar responses.

"When I was young I looked like Al Capone, but I lacked his compassion." - Oscar Levant

#4 SouthernGamecock

SouthernGamecock

Somewhere In Time

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,999 posts
  • LocationYork County, SC

Posted 01 December 2019 - 11:41 PM

"Now Ray and Muschamp and the BOT are all going to sit back and smile and relax intent knowing that they have appeased the dumb masses and will have another year to screw around and deal with it again in 12 months, likely with similar responses."

Are you sure that your not referring to our wonderful representatives in Washington and the Statehouse :D  Much like them Tanner and our BOT has perfected the art of kicking the can down the road!

"Compound interest is the eighth wonder of the world.  He who understands it, earns it ... he who doesn't ... pays it” - Albert Einstein

#5 ViajeroCock

ViajeroCock

Ray Tanner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,661 posts
  • LocationNaples, FL

Posted 02 December 2019 - 03:36 AM

Muschamp has to be feeling the heat. He NEEDS this OC whoever it ends up being to light it up on offense next year. He should be motivated to take some risk, hire the best available and let him run the offense. Otherwise coach Boom’s chances To be a power 5 head coach will dry up. This is his chance to prove he has what it takes so I hope he goes against his history on this hire!

#6 SCNitehawk2

SCNitehawk2

Ray Tanner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts
  • LocationGamecock Nation, USA

Posted 02 December 2019 - 04:12 PM

In some ways our S and C coaching staff needed to go more than the otheres. Having massive injuries  for one season can be dismissed as a fluke, but when it happens two years in a row, then there is a serious problem.

#7 BBtheYardChicken

BBtheYardChicken

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts
  • LocationLexington SC

Posted 02 December 2019 - 04:30 PM

Muschamp has to be feeling the heat. He NEEDS this OC whoever it ends up being to light it up on offense next year. He should be motivated to take some risk, hire the best available and let him run the offense. Otherwise coach Boom’s chances To be a power 5 head coach will dry up. This is his chance to prove he has what it takes so I hope he goes against his history on this hire!

Absolutely agree

#8 53fan

53fan

SPUR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 557 posts
  • LocationRock Hill

Posted 02 December 2019 - 07:22 PM

What's the prevailing thoughts on this board about our O-line coach?

#9 12th Mann

12th Mann

Gamecock nurse nancy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,637 posts
  • LocationUpstate

Posted 02 December 2019 - 08:46 PM

In some ways our S and C coaching staff needed to go more than the otheres. Having massive injuries  for one season can be dismissed as a fluke, but when it happens two years in a row, then there is a serious problem.

I wish I could spend a week in that gym as a fly on the wall.  With the nutrition coming from a qualified staff, I can’t see it being that.  All gyms and schools use mostly the same program.  Javon Kinlaw was able to convert his body into a lean, mean fighting machine.  Flexibility and proper fluid management is about as far as I can take it.  The broken bones are not a part of whatever else is happening.  It’s the repeated connective tissue problems we keep seeing.  We don’t use osterine, obviously.

#10 BadCock

BadCock

Staff (Aynor Branch)

• Moderators
  • 3,406 posts
  • LocationAynor

Posted 02 December 2019 - 09:07 PM

I don't think much of him. Even small school can block.

#11 Spinal Tap

Spinal Tap

Ray Tanner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,227 posts
  • LocationI Used to Know

Posted 02 December 2019 - 11:36 PM

If MClendon is being retained as WR coach is that just a way for WM to offer an out for an old friend?

Meaning, he's getting time to get a job elsewhere.  I don't see how a demoted coach is gonna be a happy, demoted coach.

This space for rent or lease.

#12 ludwick

ludwick

Ray Tanner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,954 posts

Posted 03 December 2019 - 12:15 AM

If MClendon is being retained as WR coach is that just a way for WM to offer an out for an old friend?

Meaning, he's getting time to get a job elsewhere.  I don't see how a demoted coach is gonna be a happy, demoted coach.

I see your point, but is another top program going to hire him as OC?

He recruits well, right?

I hope he stays...…..

#13 SouthernGamecock

SouthernGamecock

Somewhere In Time

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,999 posts
  • LocationYork County, SC

Posted 03 December 2019 - 03:26 PM

I've been wondering the same thing.  Everyone was tickled pink when Muschamp landed Wolford, fresh off a stint with the 49ers.  I also remember there being a lot of excitement when Elliott was hired by Spurrier.  For some reason, our OL coach hires never pan out, recruit mediocre overall and almost always field OL that play well below average.  Every summer during Fall camp we hear how good and improved our OL is going to be but once the season begins, it's back to poor outings all over again. 

I'd love more than anything to see us field an OL that could consistently run and pass block, and perform like a good SEC OL should, with a mean streak to boot.  I'm tired of watching our OL stand around, fail to finish plays or show any tenacity when blocking.  Until this happens, it will matter little who we have behind center or who's running the ball.

"Compound interest is the eighth wonder of the world.  He who understands it, earns it ... he who doesn't ... pays it” - Albert Einstein

#14 BadCock

BadCock

Staff (Aynor Branch)

• Moderators
  • 3,406 posts
  • LocationAynor

Posted 03 December 2019 - 03:49 PM

I think McClendon is gone.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users