21 replies to this topic

#1 CockEngineer

CockEngineer

Illuminati

• Moderators
  • 6,237 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

Posted 02 December 2019 - 01:02 PM

Chad Morris seems to be a name that is out there that may have some traction.  I think we could do better, but he might not be the worst option.  

DeBoer at Indiana is a guy that would be a good hire.  Ruggiero at Wake Forest is another guy that could get a look.

Posted Image

#2 jaxbeachcock

jaxbeachcock

Ray Tanner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts
  • LocationJacksonville Beach, FL

Posted 02 December 2019 - 01:26 PM

Petrino!! Probably good for 2-3 years max, enough time for us to get used to winning again. JMHO

Go Gamecocks!!!!

#3 SouthernGamecock

SouthernGamecock

Somewhere In Time

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,999 posts
  • LocationYork County, SC

Posted 02 December 2019 - 03:15 PM

Chad Morris was one of Dabo's first home run hires among many more to come and a huge key to his early success.  Morris deserves credit for getting Clemson's high octane offense jump started.  Chad was also able to help recruit and sign many high profile players on offense including Sammy Hopkins, Boyd and several others. When he left, his assistants took over and many people felt that Clemson's offense would take a step back.  On the contrary, their offense has been dominant ever since and now is the destination of the some of the best offensive talent in the country.

He may or may not be the best option available, but would certainly be a massive upgrade compared to anyone we've had under Muschamp.

"Compound interest is the eighth wonder of the world.  He who understands it, earns it ... he who doesn't ... pays it” - Albert Einstein

#4 CockEngineer

CockEngineer

Illuminati

• Moderators
  • 6,237 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

Posted 02 December 2019 - 03:40 PM

My concern with Morris is that defenses have figured out how to stop his offense.  When he was at Tater U, we shut his offense down.  Their current offense has little left of Morris's O.  But, he would be an upgrade over anything we've had the last four years.  I'd really like to see it be DeBoer, but think it will probably end up being Morris.

Posted Image

#5 AceBasinCock

AceBasinCock

SPUR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 02 December 2019 - 04:00 PM

Can’t say I’d be upset to see Morris get the job. He can recruit and had a high powered offense. We did shut him down, but half those players are still starters in the NFL so most can be attributed to talent overload.

DaBoer and Bobo would round out my top three choices.

#6 BBtheYardChicken

BBtheYardChicken

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts
  • LocationLexington SC

Posted 02 December 2019 - 04:28 PM

Gus Malzon

#7 Kiwicock

Kiwicock

Ray Tanner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,834 posts
  • LocationAiken

Posted 02 December 2019 - 05:32 PM

My concern with Morris is that defenses have figured out how to stop his offense. When he was at Tater U, we shut his offense down. Their current offense has little left of Morris's O. But, he would be an upgrade over anything we've had the last four years. I'd really like to see it be DeBoer, but think it will probably end up being Morris.

Agree...re Morris schemes. A lot of tater fans were happy he moved on. He became too predictable and too stubborn to continue with what wasn’t working. Not sure of a worthy candidate out there right now...be an interesting search process 🤔

Edited by Kiwicock, 02 December 2019 - 05:33 PM.

#8 redoakman

redoakman

Ray Tanner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,422 posts

Posted 02 December 2019 - 05:41 PM

I will say one thing about Morris' lack of success at Arky. He had a roster primarily made up of kids recruited by Bielema and his B1G style. That personnel didn't suit Morris' system. He had to make concessions in playcalling based on talent and those guys didn't perform well enough for Bielema to remain employed (even with a wife that could have been a QBall post).

#9 Taragirl87x

Taragirl87x

Lady Gamecock

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,216 posts
  • Location8 miles from Clemson in a town called Seneca so feel my pain lol

Posted 02 December 2019 - 07:17 PM

No one will complain about who it is as long as they help us to start winning again

#10 Cockyprince

Cockyprince

Ray Tanner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,040 posts
  • Locationsomewhere in the low country

Posted 03 December 2019 - 02:08 AM

If whoever wins I vote for whoever.

I wanta give these men a decent burial. Forget it. Buzzards gotta eat,same as worms.

#11 12th Mann

12th Mann

Gamecock nurse nancy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,637 posts
  • LocationUpstate

Posted 03 December 2019 - 04:11 AM

Morris ran a gimmick offense that make Boyd look good.  Once defenses figured it out it fell by the way.  I’m not sure I’d want him.  He sure looked flat after his Clemson job.  The Wake guy did a good job there but he had some good kids to work with.  I keep seeing Mike Bobo.  I’ve even see GA Mangus mentioned.  I have no idea who we’ll be able to get. 

We need to recruit some great wide receivers.  Without Bryan, we are small, except OrTre.  He has not been right since his knee surgery.  Shi has straight line speed but he has not been good enough to return punts or kicks.  I hope Mike Wyman is good.  We need some 6’5” guys to go up and get 50-50 balls.

There going to be plenty of open jobs in the SEC alone.  I was surprised we fired the QB coach.  I know he is a Mississippi guy and he could have decided to head there.  Will the QB coach call our offense or do we do that separately?  

#12 wingchuncock

wingchuncock

Ray Tanner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,453 posts
  • LocationCumming, GA

Posted 03 December 2019 - 04:52 AM

I vote for DeBoer or Lashlee.

#13 Cockyprince

Cockyprince

Ray Tanner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,040 posts

Posted 03 December 2019 - 03:20 PM

Mangus should know QBs and play calling. He worked closely with SOS who is a master at those skills.

I wanta give these men a decent burial. Forget it. Buzzards gotta eat,same as worms.

#14 SteelGamecock

SteelGamecock

Steve Spurrier's Caddy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,874 posts
  • LocationWalking with the Ball Coach

Posted 03 December 2019 - 04:20 PM

DeBoer would be my pick

“Fortunately I always keep a spare in my locker.”

#15 ViajeroCock

ViajeroCock

Ray Tanner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts
  • LocationNaples, FL

Posted 03 December 2019 - 09:25 PM

I’m no expert of any of the OC candidates being mentioned but I hope it’s not Morris or Bobo. Neither one feel like the right guy to set the world on fire offensively

#16 Coastalcock

Coastalcock

SPUR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts
  • LocationNorth Myrtle Beach

Posted 03 December 2019 - 09:54 PM

We can't get him, but..............Mike Leach

#17 AceBasinCock

AceBasinCock

SPUR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 04 December 2019 - 10:02 PM

Just read that Bobo might be coming

#18 Spinal Tap

Spinal Tap

Ray Tanner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,227 posts
  • LocationI Used to Know

Posted 04 December 2019 - 10:53 PM

I'm not feeling very confident that we will get what we're asking for on our OC Christmas wish list. 

Of course, I'd like to be delightfully surprised.  Let's see.

This space for rent or lease.

#19 Homer

Homer

SPUR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 04 December 2019 - 11:56 PM

From the looks of it Bobo may just be the guy. Former OC at a high level school, Muschamp knows him, he is not employed and he coached the QBs when he was at Georgia or at least that is what all the reports say. Not saying he is the best candidate.

#20 Cockyprince

Cockyprince

Ray Tanner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,040 posts

Posted 05 December 2019 - 02:46 AM

Hope not

2 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

ViajeroCock