Photo

Women Basketball Transfer Portal: McDonald's All-American Forward 5-star Shakira Austin (6-5)

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 fanalways

fanalways

Senior Gamecock

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,649 posts

Posted 20 March 2020 - 10:41 PM

Maryland University women basketball 5-star forward Shakira Austin (6-5) is transferring. She was the #4 overall recruit in the country coming out of high school, a McDonald's All-American, and led Maryland in block shots this season as a sophomore. She would be a good replacement for Lady Gamecock senior forward Kiki Harrigan who also was a great shot blocker!

Video

Article

Edited by fanalways, 20 March 2020 - 11:05 PM.

"Winning isn't a sometime thing; it is an all the time thing. You don't win once in a while; you don't do the right thing once in a while; you do them right all the time. Winning is a habit. Unfortunately, so is losing". `Vince Lombardi (Hall of Fame Coach)

#2 doccock

doccock

SPUR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 335 posts
  • LocationRoswell, Ga

Posted 21 March 2020 - 05:47 PM

Is she considering us?

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure
about the former. - Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)

#3 fanalways

fanalways

Senior Gamecock

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,649 posts

Posted 22 March 2020 - 06:05 PM

Is she considering us?

Coach Staley has a great history with transfer players. Kaela Davis and Alisha Gray are two transfer 5-star players that helped the team win a National Championship. Transfer McDonald's All-American Destiny Littleton, who sat out this season, will also be a great player for Coach Staley.

Edited by fanalways, 22 March 2020 - 06:09 PM.

"Winning isn't a sometime thing; it is an all the time thing. You don't win once in a while; you don't do the right thing once in a while; you do them right all the time. Winning is a habit. Unfortunately, so is losing". `Vince Lombardi (Hall of Fame Coach)

#4 doccock

doccock

SPUR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 335 posts
  • LocationRoswell, Ga

Posted 23 March 2020 - 10:50 PM

Thanks Fan, You didn't actually say, but I assume we have been in contact with her at this time.

doc

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure

#5 fanalways

fanalways

Senior Gamecock

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,649 posts

Posted 25 March 2020 - 02:15 AM

Thanks Fan, You didn't actually say, but I assume we have been in contact with her at this time.

doc

The Coronavirus shut down most sports but recruiting appears to still be on going.

Edited by fanalways, 25 March 2020 - 04:19 PM.

#6 12th Mann

12th Mann

Gamecock nurse nancy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,732 posts
  • LocationUpstate

Posted 31 March 2020 - 10:31 PM

There is also a transfer from Tennessee.  I did not catch her name.

#7 doccock

doccock

SPUR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 335 posts
  • LocationRoswell, Ga

Posted Yesterday, 12:30 AM

There is also a transfer from Tennessee.  I did not catch her name.

I think it is Jazmine Massengill, a guard.

#8 fanalways

fanalways

Senior Gamecock

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,649 posts

Posted Yesterday, 08:22 AM

Division I, II Extend Recruiting Dead Period though May 31 (Article)

Edited by fanalways, Yesterday, 08:34 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users