#2 Kiwicock

Kiwicock

Ray Tanner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,855 posts
  • LocationAiken

Posted 25 March 2020 - 11:44 PM

There are probably a lot of individuals looking at some of the financial setbacks they are facing and be seriously thinking about canceling their season tickets! A lot of small businesses along with the rest are going to go through some very trying times over the next several months. Hard to justify that kind of $$$ commitment...sad, but a reality.

#3 fanalways

fanalways

Senior Gamecock

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,649 posts

Posted 26 March 2020 - 12:21 AM

There are probably a lot of individuals looking at some of the financial setbacks they are facing and be seriously thinking about canceling their season tickets! A lot of small businesses along with the rest are going to go through some very trying times over the next several months. Hard to justify that kind of $$$ commitment...sad, but a reality.

Great point.

"Winning isn't a sometime thing; it is an all the time thing. You don't win once in a while; you don't do the right thing once in a while; you do them right all the time. Winning is a habit. Unfortunately, so is losing". `Vince Lombardi (Hall of Fame Coach)

#4 SCNitehawk2

SCNitehawk2

Ray Tanner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,107 posts
  • LocationGamecock Nation, USA

Posted 26 March 2020 - 10:08 AM

If there is no football, be it college, pro or high school, and I believe it is quite likely, the overall economic impact nationwide, especially in the South, will be beyond imagination.

#5 12th Mann

12th Mann

Gamecock nurse nancy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,732 posts
  • LocationUpstate

Posted 27 March 2020 - 03:01 PM

Unless something earth shattering happens, I highly doubt football happens.  We’d need an antiviral, vaccine, or something to present itself now.  A year is possible, but more likely is 18 months.  We can hope and pray that hot weather kills it, however, this virus is thriving near the heat south of us.  This week is going to be hot, so let’s see how that works.

I have no idea if we come out of this changed forever, but  I am guessing we will carry the residual changes into the future.

#6 fanalways

fanalways

Senior Gamecock

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,649 posts

Posted 27 March 2020 - 06:29 PM

Unless something earth shattering happens, I highly doubt football happens.  We’d need an antiviral, vaccine, or something to present itself now.  A year is possible, but more likely is 18 months.  We can hope and pray that hot weather kills it, however, this virus is thriving near the heat south of us.  This week is going to be hot, so let’s see how that works.

I have no idea if we come out of this changed forever, but  I am guessing we will carry the residual changes into the future.

I heard that a second wave of the coronavirus could happen this summer. If that happens football will probably be canceled.

"Winning isn't a sometime thing; it is an all the time thing. You don't win once in a while; you don't do the right thing once in a while; you do them right all the time. Winning is a habit. Unfortunately, so is losing". `Vince Lombardi (Hall of Fame Coach)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users