4 replies to this topic

#1 Doug Jolley

Doug Jolley

Publisher

• Administrators
  • 11,178 posts
  • LocationColumbia SC

Posted 19 May 2020 - 01:57 AM

Furman University began playing college baseball in 1891, so long ago that the name of the first Paladins coach is lost to history.

https://www.postandc...c6d0d42060.html

#2 CTW0302

CTW0302

SPUR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 634 posts
  • LocationVirginia Beach, VA

Posted 19 May 2020 - 02:49 PM

That is sad news.

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough, and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter."

#3 fanalways

fanalways

Senior Gamecock

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,724 posts

Posted 19 May 2020 - 10:05 PM

I saw it on ESPN. I didn't know Furman had a lacrosse team before this announcement which also is getting cut along with baseball.

Edited by fanalways, 19 May 2020 - 10:09 PM.

"Winning isn't a sometime thing; it is an all the time thing. You don't win once in a while; you don't do the right thing once in a while; you do them right all the time. Winning is a habit. Unfortunately, so is losing". `Vince Lombardi (Hall of Fame Coach)

#4 SouthernGamecock

SouthernGamecock

Somewhere In Time

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts
  • LocationYork County, SC

Posted 21 May 2020 - 12:39 PM

Wow, we're only beginning to see the long-term impacts created by the Covid-19 pandemic.  The impact on crowd sports can't be understated.

I really hate to see Furman drop a sport dating back to the 19th century.  An unfortunate day indeed.☹️

"Compound interest is the eighth wonder of the world.  He who understands it, earns it ... he who doesn't ... pays it” - Albert Einstein

#5 SCNitehawk2

SCNitehawk2

Ray Tanner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,123 posts
  • LocationGamecock Nation, USA

Posted 22 May 2020 - 11:13 PM

In a related note, East Carolina announced today it was dropping men's and women's swimming and tennis.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users