#1 fanalways

fanalways

Senior Gamecock

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,724 posts

Posted 19 May 2020 - 10:47 PM

Article

Edited by fanalways, 19 May 2020 - 10:53 PM.

"Winning isn't a sometime thing; it is an all the time thing. You don't win once in a while; you don't do the right thing once in a while; you do them right all the time. Winning is a habit. Unfortunately, so is losing". `Vince Lombardi (Hall of Fame Coach)

#2 Spinal Tap

Spinal Tap

Ray Tanner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,306 posts
  • LocationI Used to Know

Posted 20 May 2020 - 04:28 PM

The only coach I feel bad for is Dawn.

This space for rent or lease.

#3 2cocky4u

2cocky4u

SPUR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 937 posts
  • LocationRaleigh,NC

Posted 20 May 2020 - 11:32 PM

ray needs a 50% discount 

#4 SouthernGamecock

SouthernGamecock

Somewhere In Time

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts
  • LocationYork County, SC

Posted 21 May 2020 - 12:46 PM

The % cut should be adjusted according to how successful or unsuccessful a coach has been in the recent past.  In Dawn's case, no more than 10%.  Others could see a much higher cut.  Honestly, I'd love to see a general leveling off, if not a decline in the growth of college coaches salary across the board.  Some of the salaries in certain sports have gotten to levels that are simply unsustainable.  The long-term decline of demand we're seeing for many sports among younger generations will likely make the same impact in the coming decades regardless.

"Compound interest is the eighth wonder of the world.  He who understands it, earns it ... he who doesn't ... pays it” - Albert Einstein

#5 Taragirl87x

Taragirl87x

Lady Gamecock

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,273 posts
  • Location8 miles from Clemson in a town called Seneca so feel my pain lol

Posted 21 May 2020 - 07:29 PM

The % cut should be adjusted according to how successful or unsuccessful a coach has been in the recent past.  In Dawn's case, no more than 10%.  Others could see a much higher cut.  Honestly, I'd love to see a general leveling off, if not a decline in the growth of college coaches salary across the board.  Some of the salaries in certain sports have gotten to levels that are simply unsustainable.  The long-term decline of demand we're seeing for many sports among younger generations will likely make the same impact in the coming decades regardless.

I agree! Dawn has done her job well and don’t deserve a cut in pay. It’s ridiculous

#6 Spinal Tap

Spinal Tap

Ray Tanner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,306 posts
  • LocationI Used to Know

Posted 21 May 2020 - 10:40 PM

None of the cuts are ridiculous. They have nothing to do with performance. 

This space for rent or lease.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users