8 replies to this topic

#1 Doug Jolley

Doug Jolley

Publisher

• Administrators
  • 11,197 posts
  • LocationColumbia SC

Posted 26 June 2020 - 12:11 AM

“With a pandemic nightmare looming in the fall, college leaders can still save football season” - Pete Thamel

https://sports.yahoo...-230453247.html

#2 Taragirl87x

Taragirl87x

Lady Gamecock

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,279 posts
  • Location8 miles from Clemson in a town called Seneca so feel my pain lol

Posted 26 June 2020 - 01:25 AM

I would be all for it. A lot more comfortable than trying to enjoy the game in scorching weather 

#3 2cocky4u

2cocky4u

SPUR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 945 posts
  • LocationRaleigh,NC

Posted 28 June 2020 - 12:58 AM

it would be bad for seniors and the nfl draft,  just saying.

#4 Cockyprince

Cockyprince

Ray Tanner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,197 posts
  • Locationsomewhere in the low country

Posted 28 June 2020 - 02:27 PM

If college football continues to be politicized as a forum for BLM protests sanctioned and joined by Coaches, when it is played will have no significance with many people because it will be dropped as a diversion from an already nauseous reality and join navel gazing in popularity among many of us who have previously supported it financially. 

Edited by Cockyprince, 28 June 2020 - 02:31 PM.

I wanta give these men a decent burial. Forget it. Buzzards gotta eat,same as worms.

#5 Spinal Tap

Spinal Tap

Ray Tanner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,313 posts
  • LocationI Used to Know

Posted 28 June 2020 - 02:44 PM

Delaying the season may turn out to be the only option. 

This space for rent or lease.

#6 RoboRooster

RoboRooster

Garnet Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,431 posts
  • LocationFlorence, SC

Posted 28 June 2020 - 03:18 PM

If college football continues to be politicized as a forum for BLM protests sanctioned and joined by Coaches, when it is played will have no significance with many people because it will be dropped as a diversion from an already nauseous reality and join navel gazing in popularity among many of us who have previously supported it financially. 

So true and blm is not a peaceful movement. The president of blm said if they dont't get what they want they "will burn this system down."  How can businesses and colleges and others that would seem to be responsible entities support them?  I will not support blm or anyone that does including usc and it's sports, players(current or former), coaches AND the spineless AD!

Edited by RoboRooster, 28 June 2020 - 03:20 PM.

#7 2cocky4u

2cocky4u

SPUR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 945 posts
  • LocationRaleigh,NC

Posted 28 June 2020 - 03:21 PM

It doesn't matter when they play it if we don't learn how to wrap up when tackling and get above avg qb play. Been almost a decade since those two items were on the gridiron together in garnet and black.

I know that quality qb play does not happen in itself and is dependent on the entire off. playing well, but there is NO excuse for smashing into people instead of wrapping up when tackling a person. For the love of the game Will, insist on wrapping up when tackling.

Edited by 2cocky4u, 28 June 2020 - 03:24 PM.

#8 BadCock

BadCock

Staff (Aynor Branch)

• Moderators
  • 3,643 posts
  • LocationAynor

Posted 29 June 2020 - 02:13 AM

Delaying the season may turn out to be the only option. 

Check this out. Read the whole article as it is not a long read.

https://www.livescie...-Qwy3MTEYS8mwqM

#9 Cockyprince

Cockyprince

Ray Tanner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,197 posts
  • Locationsomewhere in the low country

Posted 29 June 2020 - 08:58 PM

It doesn't matter when they play it if we don't learn how to wrap up when tackling and get above avg qb play. Been almost a decade since those two items were on the gridiron together in garnet and black.

I know that quality qb play does not happen in itself and is dependent on the entire off. playing well, but there is NO excuse for smashing into people instead of wrapping up when tackling a person. For the love of the game Will, insist on wrapping up when tackling.

I have had live discussions with coaches I respect who tried to convince me that there are situations where bump tackling was desirable. My response was that the coaches including the ones I was talking to just couldn't get their players to quit doing so it has been decided to sanction it as a legitimate way to make a play. I think it is just another way for players to add some hot dog to their other ways they try to show off, acting tough instead of just being tough.

I wanta give these men a decent burial. Forget it. Buzzards gotta eat,same as worms.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users