4 replies to this topic

#1 Doug Jolley

Doug Jolley

Publisher

• Administrators
  • 11,197 posts
  • LocationColumbia SC

Posted 26 June 2020 - 12:15 AM

On Thursday, the fourth birdie joined the party.

Class of 2021 guard Raven Johnson (#13 nationally) made her commitment on Thursday to South Carolina, picking the Gamecocks over scholarship offers from Mississippi State, Baylor, Georgia, Oregon, North Carolina and Rutgers, among several others.

#2 fanalways

fanalways

Senior Gamecock

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,792 posts

Posted 26 June 2020 - 02:32 AM

:dancincocky: OUTSTANDING NEWS!!! Welcome to the Gamecock family Raven Johnson!!! :)

"Winning isn't a sometime thing; it is an all the time thing. You don't win once in a while; you don't do the right thing once in a while; you do them right all the time. Winning is a habit. Unfortunately, so is losing". `Vince Lombardi (Hall of Fame Coach)

#3 PeeDeeGamecock

PeeDeeGamecock

SPUR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts
  • LocationGods country.....South Carolina!

Posted 26 June 2020 - 12:21 PM

Awesome!!! This class will be kickass also!!  Go Gamecocks  :dancincocky:  :dancincocky:  :dancincocky:

#4 2cocky4u

2cocky4u

SPUR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 945 posts
  • LocationRaleigh,NC

Posted 28 June 2020 - 03:16 PM

Dawn and her women's program is turning out to be the only quality product in the garnet and black with tanner at the helm. if Martin and Muschamp fail to make a bowl or tourney again it may be time to let them go with tanner.

Dawn is killing it and should bring another bb championship to the palmetto state in the next 3 years.

Edited by 2cocky4u, 28 June 2020 - 03:18 PM.

#5 brat

brat

Professor of Gamecockology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,972 posts

Posted 28 June 2020 - 04:11 PM

I think it is becoming obvious that Ray isn't going anywhere until he retires. I think that is in a couple more years. Also, I don't think he will get rid of any of our coaches so he won't have to hire a new one (based on his past coaching searches and hires, I don't want him hiring anyone else), knowing a new AD will be taking over relatively soon. With the nightmare that is enveloping college sports, he will be leaving with nearly perfect timing. 

"When I was young I looked like Al Capone, but I lacked his compassion." - Oscar Levant

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users