• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 David Porter

David Porter

Staff

• Editors
  • 238 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 04:21 AM

Peyton Newell, a defensive linemen from Kansas, is set to trim his list to four via twitter Saturday at 1:00. Scout has Newell listed as a 4-star defensive tackle and the #20 defensive tackle in the nation. Rivals has Newell listed as a 3-star defensive end, the #15 end in the nation. Earlier this month Newell trimmed the list to six schools; South Carolina, Georgia, Nebraska, Kansas State, Southern Cal, and Kansas.

Not sure who is top four will be, but I would be shocked if Carolina was not among them. Dad went to Kansas so that could be a factor, but I don't see him ending up there. There's been quite a bit of talk about Georgia and Nebraska so I would expect them to be two of the final three.

#2 fanalways

fanalways

Senior Gamecock

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,563 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 04:33 AM

Thanks! Many people think his decision will come down to picking the Gamecocks or Nebraska. I think G.A. Mangus is his Gamecocks recruiter and has been in contact with him on a regular basis.

Edited by fanalways, 29 June 2013 - 04:36 AM.

"Winning isn't a sometime thing; it is an all the time thing. You don't win once in a while; you don't do the right thing once in a while; you do them right all the time. Winning is a habit. Unfortunately, so is losing". `Vince Lombardi (Hall of Fame Coach)

#3 David Porter

David Porter

Staff

• Editors
  • 238 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 09:51 PM

South Carolina is the only non-local school to make the top four. It will be down to the Gamecocks, Kansas, Kansas State, and Nebraska. I personally believe Kansas is only on the list due to the fact that his father graduated there. I'm thinking it will come down to Carolina and Nebraska, but I'm not sure who the leader is right now. He has mentioned that he would like to commit early, possibly as soon as late August.

#4 Mike Honcho

Mike Honcho

Ray Tanner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,588 posts
  • LocationPalm City, FL

Posted 30 June 2013 - 05:11 AM

I think he ends up going to Nebraska. I just dont think we have the numbers for him

Twitter: @evanmilligan

#5 12th Mann

12th Mann

Registered nurse. USC 1976

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,288 posts
  • LocationUpstate

Posted 30 June 2013 - 11:45 PM

Kansas or Nebraska.

#6 fanalways

fanalways

Senior Gamecock

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,563 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 04:29 AM

Peyton Newell plans to make his college decision August 30. He has visited the Gamecocks several times with his most recent visit being for the 2013 Junior Day. He said he feels at home everytime he visits with the Gamecocks and that playing in the SEC will be a factor in his college decision. He also said that G.A. Mangus is in contact with him 2-3 times a week. If playing in the SEC is important to him then there is a good chance that he will commit to the Gamecocks. :)

Edited by fanalways, 01 July 2013 - 04:33 AM.

"Winning isn't a sometime thing; it is an all the time thing. You don't win once in a while; you don't do the right thing once in a while; you do them right all the time. Winning is a habit. Unfortunately, so is losing". `Vince Lombardi (Hall of Fame Coach)

#7 David Porter

David Porter

Staff

• Editors
  • 238 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 04:00 AM

It will be Carolina or Nebraska.

#8 fanalways

fanalways

Senior Gamecock

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,563 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 04:33 AM

It will be Carolina or Nebraska.

There is a video below that gives some background information about what kind of person Peyton Newell is. He appears to be a high character hardworking player. I hope Gamecocks/SEC!!!

Peyton Newell (Video)

Edited by fanalways, 02 July 2013 - 05:36 AM.

#9 fanalways

fanalways

Senior Gamecock

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,563 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 11:41 PM

A new recent article about Peyton Newell is below.

Peyton Newell (Article)

#10 fanalways

fanalways

Senior Gamecock

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,563 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 11:42 PM

DT Peyton Newell is scheduled to make his announcement August 30. He could be the next DT to commit to the Gamecocks in the 2014 class.

Edited by fanalways, 06 August 2013 - 11:45 PM.

#11 David Porter

David Porter

Staff

• Editors
  • 238 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 02:37 AM

Newell's decision will be on 8/30 as has been reported at his school at the conclusion of a district-wide fall sports rally that is set to begin at 2:30. I assume all four schools will be represented with hats and Newell will of course put on the hat of his choice. It still appears that Nebraska has the lead over Carolina with Kansas and Kansas State a distant third and fourth.

#12 Mike Honcho

Mike Honcho

Ray Tanner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,588 posts
  • LocationPalm City, FL

Posted 08 August 2013 - 02:44 PM

Nebraska

Twitter: @evanmilligan

#13 fanalways

fanalways

Senior Gamecock

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,563 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 06:41 AM

Peyton Newell's college announcement is scheduled for this FRIDAY August 30th.

#14 winningways

winningways

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 01:03 PM

Newell chose nebraska yesterday but not sure if he would of been a take for us considering the scholly numbers.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: football

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users